The second psychedelic revolution

Discussion in 'The Psychedelic Experience' started by thismoment, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

I don't advocate frivolous tripping, but that was something I learned through experience. I've taken plenty of LSD on a whim at school. I didn't hang around though, I would always split for the woods, either alone or with my trippin' buddys. (the ones that had any good sense lol)

I think it's best to just remain neutral and try not to take anything too seriously. My approach to tripping is analogous to how one should approach life in general...with a feeling of lightness and humor. :)

2. thismoment

thismoment Member

Trouble ahead.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Let's say I think DMT elves are composed of dark matter... Is that an unhealthy venture to search for? :p

4. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

if you start smoking DMT weekly or daily in your search for proof that they are in fact dark matter....then i would say yes.

how would you ever prove it?
    what would you gain from this hypothesis, other than maybe an unstoppable urge to smoke more and more DMT? "i'm almost there man! i almost can tell they are made of dark matter!!"

this type of conversation always reminds me of this burnt out hippie lady i talked to once. we were talking about tripping (on acid i think) and she said she felt like she was always on the verge of finding some ultimate truth or something. ...she never found it.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Not. You would probably just (have to) do it to convince yourself.

6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

[​IMG]

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

LOL! It couldn't be proved at this time and I agree habitually smoking DMT or taking psychedelics is not a good way to go about the entire proof of such a concept, although due to it being reproducible it is verifiable in some sense. Who knows how intermittent psychedelic use could help on some abstract concepts, to recombine the pieces in one's mind here and there. Science is full of hypothesis/theories from individuals who did not have the means to reliably prove them in their time or lifetime, which were eventually realized later. I think some people are naturally satisfied with contemplating ideas/concepts outside the scope of current understanding, there doesn't necessarily have to be any incentive or anything gained from it.

I guess what I'm getting at is people shouldn't be shy to express 'far out' ideas of psychedelic insight/realizations/concepts, I don't think we should automatically view them as psychotomimetic delusions. Of course those ideas are subject to scrutiny as well, but maybe with something a bit more thought out than 'You sound crazy.'
    I think it's part of the balancing act as you say..

Yes there are burnouts from psychedelics but well beyond the scope of drugs, some people try to hold onto certain 'truths' which let them down or are not actualized.

8. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

good conversation going on here :)

I know it might sound wacko... wanting to see "god"...

What I know is that I saw the white light. three times actually..
    And I want to go further, to see what is beyond it. because I hear reports of people going further.
    what I want to induce is basically a very powerful Near Death Experience.

Im not actually looking for the "Christian god" or whatever.. I just want to see the world in its purest form. "god" is.... the consciousness or I don't know.
    I just wanna take a look :). maybe there is something interesting going on there behind the white light :)

BTW.. I don't know if the DMT elves are made of dark matter... But since I saw them I do feel like they are constantly around me and passing through me... I like this theory!

9. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Well shit man, maybe you should try curare :p

10. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I had no idea that Alex Grey was an important person in the scene. He was just a young man when I met him in 1975.

11. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

you met him? far out. He`s a good person?

12. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yeah, Alex Grey and I took the same human potential seminar, the est Training, in Sept. 1975. Two intense weekends. He was already known as a psychedelic artist.

13. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

very solid post, dude!
    i completely agree. thanks.

and i apologize, gendorf, if me saying that you sound crazy hurt your feelings in any way.

but you are fuckin' crazy LOL :sunny:

14. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

Dude, I know. :)

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

16. humm843

humm843 Member

My meditation teacher taught me that tripping part of the relative world and although to be taken note of eventually it is best to ignore it all and do Samādhi (Sanskrit: समाधि).Thats such a cool piece of advice.
    Samādhi is so so good because you see in the end everything has been achieved. You start off meditating and achieve more with less....you do less and get more....eventually you do nothing and get everything...its brilliant.
    But that being stated it becomes like the ground upon which the seeds of tripping fall...to give birth to another season.

17. Tanemon

Tanemon Members

Back to 'the second psychedelic revolution', what do think may come out of it? (not just in terms of your personal experiences and consciousness, but in society) And what do you hope might come out of it?

I have an uncle who went through the first psychedelic revolution, if we can call it that. I've hung a lot with him, and he has what you might call a library of books and magazines stretching back to the sixties and seventies. So I've come to believe that a whole lot of things came out of the first go-round.

18. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

The second psychedelic revolution

1st it was our parents

now its us