Is There a Stigma to Being Virgin? Why and How?--unique subject

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by radchad, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

Based on facts.

Here's just one article that shows that.............I can provide more if you need.

https://www.livescience.com/55620-millennials-not-having-sex.html

2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

No need ;). That article doesn't necessarily disagree with either of our points. I couldn't find a place that that study "proved" (not that you can prove anything in a study that is based on self-report) that being a virgin is considered "cool" among the younger generations. Just that millennials are having less sex than their older peers did.

3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I am sure there are geographic variables. Aren't the Jonas brothers fairly religious? I did know a few religious kids growing up who thought that saving yourself for marriage was important, but they certainly never bragged about being virgins, in fact they seemed to wait only begrudgingly, from a sense of duty. Most of my peers were pretty excited to have sex for the first time, and did sort of "brag" about it. But, obviously, my experience does not represent all experiences or even the majority of experiences.

4. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

20-1 isn't out of line, particularly- I was close to 19 - I mean, who would know you were a virgin?

5. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I never was a virgin, so I never had to deal with all the stuff that goes with being a virgin and losing your virginity, or deciding to keep it... in this case.

But, I'm sure there would be a stigma to it, because being a virgin when you're over the age of 25 or so, is out of the norm. And anything that is abnormal is something to frown upon, and/or to exploit in some way. Basically, being different will not be a walk in the park. You will have to dignify yourself time and time again.

6. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

What an intriguing statement.

1 person likes this.
  7. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i was wondering how such a statement was made without clarification, unless it was a word play on being fucked since birth.

8. buzzgunner

buzzgunner 180 grains of diplomacy Lifetime Supporter

Uh, yeah. I'd love to hear that one explained myself!

9. buzzgunner

I can never tell whether or not you're being sarcastic.

10. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Always, as a rule.

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

this is always the safe assumption.

it really should have been pretty easy to figure out this time. i mean, has anyone actually said those words ever?

1 person likes this.
  12. buzzgunner

Paul Rubens?