I have no friends

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by RainyDayHype, Feb 4, 2014.

1. GreenFaerie

GreenFaerie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I didn't see anything too alarming, but whatever, I won't push it. Anyway, being an introvert and/or having mental health issues (not sure if you were implying that) doesn't necessarily make you a bad friend. I hope that you find friends who appreciate your humor and intensity and also respect your space. <3

2. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Well the problem is we don't last right? The fact is that no relationship we develop ever ends, they wax and wane in relative importance or seeming significance. Any disparity we find in our ability for relations stems from an unsteady relationship with our own personal time in life.

I live in your area but the only thing we could do together that would be different from what we do here is touch and I too am very selective at that level of intimacy and am very standoffish most of the time. At the same time there is no concern or thought directed at me that I do not honor with my honest attention.

3. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

I was being sort of sarcastic about asking if you're sure you want to be my friend, plus we are already friends.. you've been on my friends list since you joined this site. I don't think I'm a bad friend, I think I'm a great friend, always texting and wanting to do things.. but yeah, with the mental health issues that can cause me to become a recluse sometimes and sometimes I need to be alone with my thoughts.

I actually had a boyfriend leave me once because of problems that arose with my mental health. Not cool, you don't leave someone like that, you stick with them and try to help them through it. Not to mention he had a whole host of his own issues. Sometimes I think I should come with a hazard warning or fragile sticker. I've realized the people that will understand me and appreciate me are far and few between.

4. RainyDayHype

You live in my area?? Why aren't you over here with your laptop!! We could be posting together, side by side!!!! ahhhhhh
    </intensity>

5. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Yeah wear a sign on your ass,

Surgeon General Warning:

Contents Highly Volatile. Proceed with caution.

6. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

What does that pointy symbol mean with the 3? I don't even see that sideways arrow on my keyboard. I see that at the place I left, too....confused here....

7. RainyDayHype

can I please have some of your drugs? :tongue:
    are you talking about my post? it's an html joke

8. Moonglow181

:confused:what is the html joke? I have no clue!

9. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I consider myself busted.

10. Moonglow181

hahahaha, sunfighter.....LOL :)

11. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

We are posting I guess on top of each other then?

Anyway we could be, requires an invite. People who see me in person know that I am not inclined to travel when we can share our thoughts. Some find a more tactile presence in photos. I generally don't post personal photos but I'm not shy about people dropping by. I could use a heads up first though so I know how many for dinner.

12. Neem

Neem Members

Aw, I have the same sort of problem. I am painfully awkward in social situations (recently been put on meds for it.) I am a stay at home mom at the moment and I too feel as though I have no friends. It makes me sad because I can't seem to really find anyone that likes me for me. I thought about voulenteering as well. But here recently I've been so depressed I don't even want to leave my house. I also believe in becoming friends with people on my own terms as my husband acquired quite a few friends and has tried to fit me into their little circle and I can't seem to get through to any of them. You sound cool hope you find some friends in real life, you always have your HIP friends here though. No one should have to go through life alone.

13. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Hello Neem!

Now you have friends.

Hip is a home. For the bewildered, and the rest of us also :)

I've been here a while now, and like to help around the place.

I got a nice big refrigerator magnet that says:

"GO OUTSIDE"

But you can be here otherwise.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:154127]

2 people like this.
  14. Echo1987

Echo1987 Newbie

I'm exactly the same way I have absolutely no friends all my friends that I had grown up are either dead or in jail so it's just me sucks I know sometimes I call prayer lines just to have someone to talk to it's so sad

15. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

It's a rare life in which one's friends don't eventually go away. Acquaintances are much easier to have in your life.