Looking for more Shinto, Links Pls?

Discussion in 'Animism' started by nox_lumen, Jan 30, 2014.

1. nox_lumen

nox_lumen Member

I did find a link on the Kojiki, and it was a good place to start. It's also very old and says little about how different temples work but focuses on the emperor and his solar mother cult, and that's good to know.

I just keep finding anime references to a lunar spirit but almost nothing on his place in spirit worship. I feel like I'm trying to read a book on pagan tradition that someone ripped half the pages out of, and it bothers me.

Since Kami are often described as nature spirits, I was hoping someone here had more information.

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there are three types of kami, one of which is indeed 'nature spirits', just as you have with indiginous traditions. there are also celistial/royal/heavenly/devine kami, thirdly, and not the least, are your own ancestors.

i'm surprised no one has provided links yet. i may have some.

there is tsubaki, grand shrine of america, if you're in the northwestern u.s.

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

4. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

If you scroll down far enough, (you might have to click, More Topics, or More Threads) there is an old thread on Shinto which I contributed quite a bit to. The only books I know of are in Japanese----though they are very good if you speak Japanese.