What will Your Age Group be Like When they're The Eldest Group?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Amethyst87F, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Amethyst87F

Amethyst87F JesF35

I've thought about this here and there.

It seems like the Eldest Age Group that's around nowadays is often multi-talented and well-mannered.

I wonder if the Younger Age Groups like the one I'm in, will also age so gracefully.

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

No We're Not..[​IMG].. Now Get Off My Bloody Lawn Ya Little Shit...:toetap05:

Cheers Glen.

3. I've been thinking about this as well. I wonder if I'll end up in a home, puking all over myself and what not.

4. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

My age group will be a bunch of 90 year old tattooed hooligans cursing like sailors and being badass!

5. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

I think they'll be complaining about the heat, and probably working until they're 80 or so. I feel really sorry for the kids nowadays... unless things change, they're not going to have much of a future.

I'm hoping that people will become really practical with smaller cars, smaller homes and more community-focused economies... and I may be dreaming but I really hope that corporations are forced to be more responsible.

6. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

Ill die young.

7. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

My age group will only get more awesome with age.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well MY age group is just about the eldist or second or third to it.
    my age group were the children born right after the military came home after the end of world war two. i was born in 1948. we were the age group who were teen agers in the 1960s, and young adults in the 1970s.

when the majority who are the age the majority are now, get to be the age i am now, i will either have been remarkably long lived, which is unlikely, or i will have died, hopefully peacefully and comfortably.

but i suspect they are not fated to inhierit a peacful and comfortable world. i would much prefer to be proved wrong about that, but i don't expect to be.

9. Eggrido

Eggrido Guest

Fact: Those of us aged from 11 to 36 are, I think, bursting with cultural differences.
    Probable Opinion: When the millennial generation takes over as the influence of the world, life for everyone else is probably going to be retarded with personable-wannabes.
    Just a thought: Mental strain might be a pretty problem in the world with all the new do nots and dos.
    History repeats itself again: Conservatism is going to be bashed like liberalism is today.

10. Coleco

Coleco Member

Im already experience this change. Certain words like "F*ggot" will get you in deep shit anymore. A lot of old people ive met say that back in the day they could use the word "N*gger" all they wanted and then one day it was worse than saying fuck. Its gotten that way for me with the word F*ggot or Q*eer. We used to yell it and say it to each other all the time. Nowadays everyone goes pretty silent and resents you if you end up using it!

But yea, other than that... When people my generation all ends up in the nursing homes, theres going to be more than just television for OUR entertainment. Every room in a nursing home has a television. I think by 2040-2070's theres going to be some kind of video gaming/internet access for every resident and that will just be standard just like television is today.

Lets just hope we dont burn up all the world's fuel by that time... Guess if we do, then fuck maybe life will just be less complicated for us all.

11. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

I feel sorry for the kids too. Problem is parents want to support them, corporations think we don't need work like we did to feed our young so now we will work two hours here and two hours there with no benefits except for several breaks in a day to ride a bus from one work place to another.
    What we enjoy now as an 8 hour day's pay will become maybe 6 hours in a day if lucky, or a person will have to be out maybe over 10 ours a day or more to receive the same days wages and some of those wages might fluctuate badly depending on where you can find these short stint jobs.
    I think this started with waitresses working short shifts, that's where they were paid for 4 ours had to leave for three and came back for 2 hours in a day, corps saw that as doable for everyone because it means more back up workers on board and no benefits to cover. "Hey, you don't want to do it someone else will."
    If peeps don't secure themselves in something of their own they will be working ten fold harder just to make a day pay for itself. Parents need to stop fending for them and teach them to be crafty, show them they don't have to work for the man but they can bring home their own buck and live comfortably.
    I already saw this happening before I left my last place of work seven years ago. New peeps were hired on an on call basis, if they refused three shifts (not necessarily in a row) they were gone, many had to refuse because they were doing the same at another place and while working one job our place called them to be there in 30 mins. I saw lots come and go like sheets of paper in the wind.
    I finally had to leave there because I had a medical issue, They Fired Me, it's a good way to move things along and get more cheap newbies on board. Mind you I had a feeling and so did hubby they would do that so he quit on a Friday and got us into our new business and by the time they fired me we lost nothing. I wasn't walking out. Now if the battle ever gets done and I win they will owe me a bunch of money for the miss treatment they handed out. We made good money there but we did far better at home and saved on gas too because we didn't have to go out every day. Lucky for me when hubby passed on due to a heart defect this was something I could handle on my own and so forward I go. All I had to do was downsize it a bit but I still make more then I did working on those machines for a great company that went for crap with a new management with a Big Bonus minded attitude for themselves. Those still there under the grandfather claus of pay tell me it sucks so bad, not only the shit atmosphere that is lingering but watching things not getting done right as it used to be and peeps telling them it's hard to eat right anymore because they have nothing.
    This is sad and people have to see a brighter future or take what comes and it ain't good.
    Why do they think we don't need much? Because too much welfare is going on where peeps seem to manage on low income and survive, because parents are taking care of their young adult kids, because managements want it all to themselves, because slavery isn't new but has been discovered as the new employment standards since many big corps sent their work to poor countries to get the same shit done. Did they charge us less for the product? Nope, they got bigger bonuses.
    A lot of what we made where I worked is now done in the US because they would do it cheaper with no benefits, it almost went to China before that and somehow China messed up and pissed off the management and share holders so eventually the management found a company in the US willing to do much of our stuff still for much less, now it's shipped and more fuel is used instead as most products we use are being handled, by transport and cheaper wages.
    Our home grown stuff is shipped to other countries and we get crap of the same but lesser quality shipped in to us from other countries with lesser standards of production.
    I wonder, while we burn up fuel sources what's happening to our earth? It's great that we can drive big cars but what changes are happening down under that might affect us soon? Why are there so many sink holes happening and why does it seem earth quakes are happening more often! Why are they digging in the sea for fuel and what's the damages besides the huge leaks spilled off due to mismanagement fuck ups? Seems we don't care as long as there is shit to sell and everyone is surviving, barely.
    I don't have kids so you'd think I wouldn't care as much as a parent would, I put myself in those shoes for a minute now and then and I am so glad I am above that place they are coming into now. My nephew will suffer, his mom is supporting his every bad move as a kid and she will fend for him when he grows up, we can all see it right now in him. He can order what he wants, we asked nicely and if we didn't we did not get what we hoped for. Our parents made us work as teens babysitting, mowing lawns or shoveling before they offered us any of their money as an allowance, what's an allowance? Does any kid know this word anymore?
    Ya, it's a messed up situation and only those with smart parents will do well no matter how bad it gets, many will fight hard to make a reasonable dollar.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

unless there are some really basic changes in the dominant culture and its choices and uses of technology and the incentives that motivate those choices, if you're under 30 today, odds are really good, that before your life ends, you're going to see a decade or more during which most of humanity dies of famine and disease, as a result of run away climate effects on the environment. making more babies won't prevent this but just the opposite, make it worse.

there are a couple of bright sides to this though. one of which is that the neccessary changes don't have to not happen. and every once in a while we see signs of the possibility that they actually might. while it may be too late to avoid ALL of the pain, its not too late to considerably reduce and avoid most of it.

the other bright side is the world that will await the straggling few who survive that decade or so. supposing that they do.

my own age group, will of course have perished before that time ends, if not even before it begins.

13. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

bunch of grumpy old bastards who hate each other for having screwed everything up.

and a few die hard wierdoes who laugh at each other for doing so.

just like every other age group who got here before us.

15. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

blocked in the u.s., or taken down for some other crazy youtube reason.
    (unless that was the point? or was it some dumb ass crudeness?)

17. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

No, mnax, it wasn't dumb ass crudeness or anything, it was actually pretty clever. No idea why they might have taken it down...
    It was a put on, as in, the hipsters of today giving interviews in the future when they are seniors... things they did and how they acted...One future old guy said " back then, I made an app that did absolutely nothing! ha ha ha!"

18. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Hmm. Not sure. I suspect I will doing everything I can to look many decades younger. And go round saying things like "Look at those coffin dodgers, I'm glad I'm not that age..."

:D

PS I think there's a bit of a myth that we like to kid ourselves with. Old people aren't necessarily wiser or nicer, or even well mannered. Sure some are. But some lose the goodness they have with age. I remember last yr, I thoroughly horrible older person harrassing someone in a road rage incident even tho HE was the one totally to blame. I had to intervene and send him off with his tail between his legs..

19. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

A mixed bag as we already are. The irony is that it is not really much different generation to generation.

I intend to be a nice old lady who give cookies to kids and doggie treats to dogs. :)

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well youtube DOES have a tendancy to do that. someone probably accidentally hit the naughty button without intending to.
    well i'm sad that happens and sorry i missed it.
    they probably have no where near enough staff to review what's a valid complaint and what isn't.