Wish You Could Go Back and Do School All Over Again?

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by Amethyst87F, Jan 9, 2014.

1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I want to go back and take some phys. ed. courses but I have sciatica which is very limiting as to what I can do, and I have work that I can't schedule around very well. May have to look at my schedule again and see what there is time for in the evenings. I would also like to take pottery or painting or something. Photography. lol! So many courses so little time.

2. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

been to school, just wish i had found my true interest sooner and gone to school sooner for that. Well, i always knew my true interest ever since I was 8 or 9 years old, i just didn't like highschool you see. I would go back and do some things a little different, make different choices, but no I would NOT want to repeat any of the school I've already done ... I like being smarter than a 5th grader, i do not wish to go back and repeat the fifth grade. I remember getting in trouble about the fifth or sixth grade for using the computers to write HTML instead of what I was supposed to be doing. And I still am not very good at html, mostly cuz I just dont like web design very much ... i do like programming though, as long as it isn't JS, but that might just be personal bias on account of not really knowing JS, JS just seems weird to me .. I like static typing, I dont like having to guess about what somethings type is.

3. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

I went back to college. As of this semester I have 34 credits earned and a gpa of 3.28. If I can do it, nahhhhh. You likely can't. Nah, I'm superman and I can do anything! lol!
    Go back to school. Quit asking "why?" and ask only "why not?"

themnax and AceK like this.
  4. Joe45432

Joe45432 Members

NOPE, I school was good but once you have a job and earn money its great. Besides I ripped up all my schoolwork because i was glad not to do it again,

5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'd like to restart 7th grade and actually put in the work at school and concentrate on my B-ball skills. I had lots of fun in HS and college but got asked to "not come back until I was serious" in college. Guess I never got that way.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I finished school pretty well in terms of education. I knew what I wanted to do which helped I guess and I spent the last 2 years of my highschool passing as many tests and exams in my field as I could say that when I did go to university I was well advanced. On a 4 year course I'd ready completed the first 2 years at school, so I only needed to go to university for 2 years and the last year was more practical work.

I wouldn't go back to school to learn anything different. Or to do things over.
    . But I would go back to punch a few kids in the face and to rekindle that youthful puppy love feeling I had with my partner when love was scary and where I'd get goosebumps and chills being with her.

I'd go back for that.

7. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

No. I did well in school, and if I did it over again, I might end up somewhere else. I'm happy where I am at this point in my life.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

what i wish, is that higher ed was completely free, and you could work part time and take classes part time and continue doing both for an entire life.
    not about redoing anything, but keeping up on current developments in science and elsewhere.

at the pre-college level, i would have to have had different parents for that to have worked out any better or differently.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i would be all for this system.

10. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

No. If I want to further my education, I can. The resources are everywhere.

And I see no reason to redo the education I have. Now, there is certainly something to be said about the high school and/or college experience, but the education is moot point really.

11. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I occasionally wish that I had tried harder (or at all) in high school. I sometimes wonder what doors would have opened themselves had I put in more than minimal effort back then. Then again, I ended up in a fairly lucrative, challenging, and engaging career, so I guess it all turned out alright. It feels very boring to say: "I wouldn't change anything because I wouldn't be where I am now", but it's an overused saying that is actually true, at least in my case.

12. candys

candys Visitor

I'm planning to apply to IE Business School this year so my answer would be yes, I would go back to college again. I attended MBA fair recently and decided to get MBA Degree in Business. They have so many interesting programmes and courses in universities around the world. I think it could be useful for my future career.