What is your Dream Job?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by happilyinlove, Jan 7, 2014.

1. happilyinlove

happilyinlove with myself :p

What is your dream job?

If the concept of money was abolished tomorrow…what sort of tinkering or "job" would you do to enjoy yourself? Sage, poet, pet shop owner, scientist?

I would love a pastry cafe or restaurant. And a neighborhood greenhouse or many rose gardens. I believe that if you realize and envision your future, it can come true (within reason of course). Hopefully I will them someday :)

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Pr0n star in latina films

3. happilyinlove

4. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

My job I have now isn't my dream job but I enjoy it and would probably still do it for free on a residential level if money didn't matter. But maybe just part-time. Another thing I enjoy doing is building things and home improvement, etc. I enjoy that enough that I considered starting another business a couple of years ago but I don't really have the time to devote to it.

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

probably restoring/ hand painting/reupholstering old furniture. That or travel writing.

6. happilyinlove

Shweeet all good jobs so far.

My mom owns a canvassing business. She creates sails and interiors of yachts! Love the creative process in the furniture design of it.

7. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

rockstar

8. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I've been trying to do that for a decade and a half. It hasn't worked out yet. I don't think I'm very good at it. :(

:)

9. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Welding and custom fabrication, really anything to do with things that have at least two wheels and a high powered engine.

And writing, I plan to write a book one day.

I also think it'd be cool to be a trial lawyer, just to fuck people up in court.

Running a dog rescue, anything to do with dogs.

Owning a restaurant/bar and grill type place in a tropical resort area.

Professional snowboarder.

Shrink (maybe).

10. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

I already have my dream job and would do it for free if money were no concern. I do hair and run my own 1 person salon. Exactly how I like it.

I've thought about becoming an educator for the color line that I use. I would go around to schools, salons and supply stores and provide classes for stylists wanting to learn about the best color line on the market! They have actually approached me about doing it. I have to decide if it's a commitment I'm willing to make.

I honestly can't think of anything else I would rather do as a job.

11. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

I would like to stop corruption, But if there was no money, would there be no corruption?

Just a thought.

12. Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy Zen & Bearded

No job is a good job man

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I've been asked what's my dream job all my life and been urged (also by myself btw ;)) to find it out if I don't know. Unfortunately I simply don't have a dream job. If I have to picture working from my own ideal perspective I would work parttime and try lots of different things.

14. dreadzyahhmann22

dreadzyahhmann22 Member

joining a commune, in which i would work for

15. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

I wanna mine gold.

16. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Neither are a lot of "actual" rockstars these days.

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Nowadays I think there is no such thing as a dream job, you will eventually get bored of it anyway.

As for rockstar/popstar, constant airline travel, living out of hotel rooms that kind of sucks, I hate flying. And I can play a few instruments, but learning songs is just about muscle memory and gets rather tedious and monotonous.

Rockstar would be cool for the first couple years you broke, but all these guys that are still travelling the world playing the same damn songs all the damn time for 20 years, day to day, I think that would suck

Look what happened to Axl rose, just ended up a nutcase hermit, not that he wasnt a nutcase to begin with. Or all these big guitar heros that spent their teens practising 10 hrs a day instead of doing everything else.

I think reality for rockstars is they have to be fucked in the head to start with, boring musical nerds in their teens, a couple years of awesomness when the world goes crazy, followed by decades of shitty airline food.

The rolling stones, how many times would they have had to go thru customs, listen to the little drill about nearest exits, pack, unpack and all that shit

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i would have to say, REALLY eco-friendly environment and infrastructure design.

as it is, sharing my ideas as to how this might be approached is what i consider to be my job now.

19. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Nature photographer and student.

20. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Astrophysicist