Do you think people are born gay?

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by TheSamantha, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

Stop calling it a choice: Biological factors drive homosexuality

2. FWKbi

FWKbi Members

Op should have said from what perspective to answer this question, as in:

Spiritual
    Political
    Scientific
    Just curious
    Personal confusion

The real answer it don't fucking matter, live the way you find your happiest and or you feel your life is pulling you.

I think the op was personally confused, and asking the wrong question, the right one would be:

Why am I visually attracted to and masturbate to women, but feel nothing when attempting sex with a women, or am I gay or not, or am I sexually dysfunctional.

If this is a true citing:
    "Albert Ellis the psychologist said people aren't born gay. He cites an example of a man who was seduced from gay to straight by a woman. He says there aren't more because gays aren't willing to change."

Albert Ellis is full of shit, you can't determine a behavior of the masses by an example of one, also he draws a conclusion with no proof. One way to blow his political stupid ass out of the water is, whether your gay, straight, or bi, you can choose to love whoever you want and live a lifestyle of your choosing, that is not proof that you chose to be anyone particular orientation, just love conquers all.

3. Dulci Daily

Dulci Daily Members

I didn't call spontaneous feelings of attraction or arousal a choice. I did call decisions to engage in sexual activity, to regard the sexual activity as a good thing, and to define one's identity in terms of sexual orientation "choices," because they are. And let me just note in passing that you have no authority to tell me to stop disagreeing with you.

4. FWKbi

FWKbi Members

I just looked up Albert Ellis, he published:

Homosexuality: Its Causes and Cure

Long before this thread was opened the idea that Homosexuality is a disease was debunked.

So now I'm rethinking the op, had a political/religious agenda and the personal issue was just a sham. The OP was just denigrating homosexuality.

5. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

The cure for homosexuality is a rockin' night with a hot member of the same sex! :D

FWKbi likes this.
  6. FWKbi

FWKbi Members

I would love that cure even though I'm not sick!

soulpoker likes this.
  7. Maccabee

I didn't tell you to stop disagreeing with me? When did I said that? Either way, thanks for the clarification.

8. Dulci Daily

Dulci Daily Members

You're welcome. You said "Stop calling it a choice"--but if you agree that the things I said are choices really are choices, then I wasn't disagreeing with you, and I apologize.

9. Maccabee

Oh, that's the article title. I don't control that.