The Ring Of Fire in Northern Ontario

Discussion in 'The Environment' started by fraggle_rock, Dec 16, 2013.

1. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Is anyone from Ontario out there following this?

http://www.mediacoop.ca/blog/grassrootssudburymedia/10946

It makes me sick how stupid people are about Harper's campaign to turn our country into a toxic wasteland.

All that people hear is 'it's good for the economy'... the money isn't going to go back into Canada, it's going to go into the pockets of the mining corporation owners. And they're not going to have to live there when they're done... the First Nations people are.

This is about taking pristine wilderness and turning it into a toxic dump for centuries, so a small group of people can be rich for a short period of time. It's the worst form of exploitation, and the most horrifying aspect of capitalism.

And the Provincial Liberals aren't much better:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/harper-s-ring-of-fire-comments-took-ontario-by-surprise-1.2439412

There isn't a single political party opposed to this. All that I can do is find which party is most likely to screw it up and vote for them.

It makes me sick. Federal taxes are being used to pay oil tycoons and that money goes straight to Alberta, which in turns sabotages manufacturing for the rest of the country by raising the dollar. As much as they think they're carrying us, the most important parts of the economy are in Toronto and the bigger cities. WHY THE FUCK is this asshole turning us into a polluting, nature-pillaging nation of money-hungry savages (and not even successful money-hungry savages)?

2. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

It seems like now, First Nations are the only people who give a fuck anymore.

This could easily turn into another armed uprising.