Fitness Bump

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by *MAMA*, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

*fist bump* :afro:

1 person likes this.
  2. odonII

odonII O

'Bout time. Thanks.

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

today I took my dog for a walk (somewhere around 1.5 miles) and did yoga for around 45 minutes. I also cleaned like a maniac for a couple of hours which isn't regimented fitness but its me moving around non stop for 2 hours so I like to think it counts.

4. *Yogi*

*Yogi* Resident Racist

Did a bunch of stretching, Killers and four sets of fast 100 yard +/- sprints.

That's killer :2thumbsup:

I was around 265-270ish. 3 months ago at the doc I weighed in at 226.3 IIRC, I broke 209.7 the other day. I go between 209.? to 213's.
    This is the second go round, The first, I was super fat, 300 +/-, Dropped to 215. But stated finding the 'cookie' jar again and went back up lol.

Like PR, I eat one good meal a day and a snack if I need it. Mainly just diet dew and cigarettes lol. I cant stand to eat breakfast, It will and always has, Come back up. Lunch I have always been too busy or I skip it for the fact, Fast food is what you eat most of the time IMO unless a packed or at home.
    Believe it or not, I eat NO veggies except corn and potatoes. Only fruit I will touch is banana's and pears and usually don't eat it all. Applesauce only lol.
    I eat meat for the most part and my body is in 'perfect' shape says my doc. Im 6'4 so the height helps lol. But goal is 200/205 and the build it back up with muscle. I have never been into weights, But that's the next step.
    It has taken 10 months total to loose 50/60lbs and still going.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

oddly enough, i actually did exercise the day this thread was made. which shouldn't be odd since i was in a really good habit of it, but then i got this new job about a month ago and have been working 60 hour weeks, and haven't figured out how to squeeze exercise into my schedule until the very day this thread was posted. which of course means that i haven't done anything since, because i'm still very sore from that first workout in a month. yesterday i could hardly climb the stairs to my bedroom.

of course, i have a pretty active job, and i've been doing recreational things that could be construed as exercise too, so it's not like i've been sitting still for the last month or anything anyway.

6. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Bump for two hours of roller derby. It was shitty and awful and I couldn't do anything right because my damn ankle hurts today, but at least I got a good sweat out of it.

7. Wizardofodd

I was wondering about your ankle. Maybe it's best to take it easy for now?

8. *MAMA*

Part of me wants to take it easy...then again we have bout eligibility testing next month for the season starting in February. I'm terrified I won't be able to pass because of this :(.

9. Wizardofodd

You definitely know more about this than I do but if I had to guess, I'd say to heal as much as possible while working it out a little easier and save yourself so you can hit it hard on that test.

10. *MAMA*

That probably what I should be doing. It's really frustrating though. Super hard to take it easy when all I want is to train hard and be the best.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I did an hour of yoga today. I usually only do about 20 minutes of yoga but I've been doing it a lot more lately. I'm trying to fix my shoulder - I don't know what the hell is wrong with it but a few years ago I fell on it and now my collar bone juts out and it throws my whole neck and upper back out of alignment so I'm trying to do a lot of yoga for the chest and shoulders.

Did you break your ankle, mama?

12. *MAMA*

Nice, I wish I had the patience/attention span for yoga.

I sprained it really badly. It hyper extended, twisted, and a girl fell on it all at the same time.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

one of the best benefits of yoga is that it helps with patience and attention span :)

I was actually going to suggest some kind of yoga or other gentle stretching for your ankle, although now I'm racking my brain trying to think of a stretch that would specifically target the ankle without putting any pressure or weight on it.

14. *MAMA*

I've done a little vinyasa yoga :). I might try getting into that again.

I can run and walk on it just fine, but twisting or turning it in anyway? Nope. Nope. Nope.

15. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I just did 25 crunches so I could bump this thread

16. *MAMA*

Yay my thread is motivational!
    :party:

17. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I was thinking about going outside to shovel snow but decided to wait until morning [​IMG]

Hotwater

18. sunshine186

sunshine186 midnight toker

Whoo!
    Did some yoga and ab work,
    then some squats and lots of arm reps with my tiny dumbbells.

:sunny:

19. M2D

M2D Member

I did 3 push ups then killed a protein shake THEN texted everyone i know about it

20. M2D

M2D Member

Beast mode