Fitness Bump

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by *MAMA*, Dec 13, 2013.

1. birdpics

birdpics Member

I live four flights up, no elevator, walk almost everywhere, do my laundry by foot.

I dump clothes and soap into a basin of water, then walk around on it, let it soak, then rinse with vinegar by walking on them again, then dump the clothes over the towel rack to drain. Later I haul it to the 5th floor roof and hang it up to dry (today is laundry day since it's Saturday),

so technically I don't HAVE to do anything extra for exercise, but I still hike the mountains almost every day to take photos of birds, run around on the "gallopers," and do pull-ups on the rooftop laundry poles, so I guess I do exercise.

I used to do stretches, lift weights, swim laps-and it took so much time! Then in 2010 I made an invention device that does it all without any effort and is so fun to use I never want to stop using it. When I noticed my tiny terrier easily outran me during hikes, I thought about it, then cut some saplings and fashioned a simple prototype "galloper" device that makes me 4-footed. Weird thing is, the first time I used it around the yard a few times the next day I noticed my abs were rock-hard, my waist shrank, I could lay my palms flat on the floor without bending my knees, and leave them there comfortably. When I lifted weights, I could lift twice as much, plus I also had doubled my strength on everything else..from a few minutes of playing on an invention device that seemingly took no effort at all and was a blast to use.

Now when I went out with the dogs, I left them behind and had to wait for them to catch up, then wait while they all rested. I no longer wanted to ride my horses...I was the horse now!
    Also, gravity was no longer relevant..I could go straight up the steepest trails or come down, without slipping or using any effort, even in the dark.

When I moved to Thailand, I couldn't bring the "galloper" device with me, and until I could order more materials from the US and build one, I was back to stretches and lifting weights and swimming laps, but my waist slowly oozed back into mush, my abs turned flabby, my strength lessened on the weights, and I could barely touch my toes.
    The day after I rebuilt the gallopers, I was back to hard body again. A Thai friend of mine, a young police lieutenant who worked out fanatically, borrowed the gallopers to try them for a few yards.

The next day he called and said his abs and muscles were so hard after using the gallopers only once, he was going to give up going to the gym and wanted to know when he could borrow the gallopers. I ended up up making another pair in self-defense since he always showed up when I came home from work, wanting to borrow them!

2 people like this.
  2. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I usually work out a lot. I have a pretty physically demanding job to begin with but I'm normally in the gym about 4-5 nights a week. I haven't been going lately because of an injury I had in August. I just got cleared by my neurologist to hit it at full speed again.

Normally I am a part of a pretty hard core circuit training group. We have that 2 nights a week and then I hit the weights 3 nights a week for about an hour and 15 minutes or so. That isn't quit enough time to get to everything I want to do but it's plenty. I love the circuit training though and we do lots of other crazy shit. We never know what's going to be thrown at us. One day we hit the track and started our workout with lunges. We had to put a bar on our shoulders and do lunges around the entire track...400 meters. Most of these dudes are a lot younger than me but none of them finished except for me and my son. That was brutal but it was so awesome to be right next to my kid...last ones alive...urging each other to keep going until we finished.

Anyway...yeah...that's the kind of stuff I like to do. I also do things like the Gladiator Assault Challenge, Warrior Dash, etc.

1 person likes this.
  3. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Lmao! Ok, I never bump the drug and alcohol threads in advance.
    I give you props for that! Pilates. was pretty challenging the times I tried it.

4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I'd like to take up boxing or krav maga haha.
    And I miss swimming. It's so perfect.

5. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Swimming is so peaceful.

6. *MAMA*

One time I had a dream about me doing krav maga lol.

I can't swim. I can only flail wildly and not die. I suppose all that flailing would still count as cardio, no? :D

7. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Haha probably =)

Also, I always regret not doing ballet when I was a child (because I had to choose between that and German). Ah well, too late now o_O

8. *MAMA*

Ballet is beautiful. It's never too late!

9. *Yogi*

*Yogi* Resident Racist

20 press up's, 10 pull up's with 25lbs of sand in a bag to add more weight, Arm wise I have some snow to go shovel here in a few to build sholders and arms. 15 x2 sets of killers and a bunch of stretching.

My cousin got me into it, She fights mma and I wanted a good workout for motocross. So far, It been going well and if it hurts its working IMO. When the weather turns decent, Ill get back on a bike and ride a 10 miles loop or go for a run for stamina.

I usually do press ups, pull ups, Killers, and throw something else in the mix 3-4 times a day for 15-25mins.

10. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I haven't worked out in a long time. That is, forever. Working out bores me to death.
    But I have lost my 6-pack, so I might need to start working out to get the ladykiller body back.

11. odonII

odonII O

Not how I swim ! o_O

1 person likes this.
  12. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Odon--

I guess that I mean water is peaceful. For me, anyhow. I especially love being under water.

13. *MAMA*

Today I did a one mile jog, 4 mile trail skate, one mile jog while pushing a 70lb stroller.

14. odonII

odonII O

Yes, I do find being under the water very peaceful. I do know what you mean. I am just being silly. I can do a back stroke, which can be peaceful. Anything else, well, erm, yeah... : /

I did 45min today. I have lost 12lbs in 3/4 months...if anybody is interested. *Puts fist out*

15. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I did 25 minutes of interval training after 18 hours of fasting this evening. I followed up the fast with a nice, juicy steak and salad.

16. odonII

odonII O

Do you mean you skipped breakfast?

17. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Congrats! Seriously! :2thumbsup: Such a great feeling.

18. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Skipped breakfast and lunch (other than having some bulletproof coffee in the morning) like I always do. Normally I just eat one big meal a day. I limit my eating window to just 4 hours a day -- usually from 6:30-10:30PM. Some days it's slightly less or more, but it's almost always in the 18-21 hour range (hours fasting, that is).

19. odonII

odonII O

:)

20. odonII

odonII O

l know. I was just being a jerk.