Does anyone here regret doing shrooms?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by wcw, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Bud D

Bud D Member

Shit that's true with sitting on the front porch. There is always a person tripping that thinks they are immune to the drug and does something stupid laced with bad vibes. Like a drunk that thinks they are sober and can drive.

I generally prefer lockdown mode unless we are looking for weed.

2. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Hahaha so true, but I rarely follow this rule. I can remember so many times I ended up going somewhere while tripping.

I am reminded of 2 separate occasions right now where this went very wrong. These stories are unnecessary, but I'm bored, so here you go guys.

Once a friend and I took acid and tried to make it to the grocery store before we came up. We didn't make it back in time and I had to pay for everything because my friend couldn't handle herself. While I was paying for her stuff she was standing on a black rubber mat beside me and she started screaming and clawing at the air around her. I had to finish paying and get her out of there before the called someone. Later she told me it felt like the black mat she was standing on had sunk down into a big black box she was trapped in.

Another time when I was much younger I had taken mushrooms and ended up leaving my friends house to go home (I don't remember why). I was standing at a fairly crowded bus stop and was trying to find my bus pass in my purse. I was having a very hard time seeing anything in my purse since it all looked very wavy and I ended up dumping a big glass bong out onto the concrete ground and it smashed all over the place. Yes there was a bong in my bag... I noticed the bowl was still unbroken and in my high state I thought I needed to save it so I picked it up off the ground then suddenly noticed everyone at the bus stop was staring at me and the broken glass bong. I was standing there holding a dirty bowl for a bong looking strung out as hell in public. I just slowly backed away for about 20 feet and then turned and ran all the way back to my friend's house.

3 people like this.
  3. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

Nope not at all, OP

4. Space_Trippin

Space_Trippin Banned

I never regretted it but there was one time back in about 1978 when I had an awesome connection to panaeolus cyanescens that I bought 2 oz at at time cheap for personalquarter... from BC to ON I was a big shroom head man.... but this one night I did an eighth or quarter like usual..
    This night was different.... remember I'm thinking and trippin back 40 yrs or so but anyways long story short
    ... man I was so gone that night that it made me the most depressed I ever been (I have never been depressed doing shrooms before) sitting there wondering why? why am doing this shit? It was heavy on my mind and freaked me out. The weird thing is I was heavy into it, but that night dug into my soul and totally fucked me up
    I got over when I woke up the next day and I kept at it

5. Space_Trippin

Space_Trippin Banned

It was psilocybe cyanescens not panaeolus cyanescens

6. GrampaLove

GrampaLove Members

The short answer for me would be yes. (re: tpoic) But for anyone that has used them and in the McKenna heroic dosage range, you know the answer isn't quite so simple. I doubt that I will ever use them again.

About me: practice meditation for 10+ years. Studied many religions and philosophies. studied psilocybin related books and material a long time before ever trying the first cap. The mushrooms were psilocybe cubensis. I'm 50 ish. and a lover not a hater. (love as in peace and love)

I had some wonderful trips. No way to write about it all or even to find the right words to express what I saw but I'll try to boil it down.

I saw God (The Supreme One Consciousness, if you'd rather) I saw deceased relatives. I saw past lives. The amazing colors and synesthesia, fractal patterns, objects shifting and melting - All if this is nothing compared to what lies beyond. I experienced astral projection and Divine bliss.

Then I got greedy and wanted more. They hurt me. I saw myself and loved ones (in past lives) being executed by fascists over and over again. I saw and felt lives of lonely people in the world who had no one, suffering with nobody to comfort them. I felt the single aloneness of the One, suspended in an otherwise empty void for eternity. I was gone for so long that I did not remember who I was. I was We, not me. The actual time would have been an hour or two. I remember the sensation of having to get used to being alone in a flesh body with moving parts. The overall despair was great beyond measure. I keep having this sickening sinking feeling in my gut that something really bad is about to happen. I'm holding together, but just barely.

I learned so much about our existence but it's a burden. I look around at the world and see how "we" treat each other and it breaks my heart. When I see a victim of violence on a news cast I sob uncontrollably as if it was a dear friend or loved one. My sensitivity knob is turned to 11.

This is just the tip of the tip of the iceberg but I think this covers it enough for these purposes.

My advice to anyone would be to go slow and easy. Space trips out months or even years apart. boil them and make a tea - kills contaminants from the cow dung they grow in and is much easier on the stomach. Know what you are getting into. To me thay are not a recreational drug. Never were to me. They are a learning tool and they can be brutal beyond your imagination. They can be wonderful too. Every person and every trip is different. You will never have the same trip twice. Just read, read and read more. Learn all you can about them and read experiences, good and bad. If things do go bad, focus on love and where love comes from and hold onto it as if your life depends on it.

Remember, you can't unsee things.

Namaste my friends.
    Gramps

1 person likes this.
  7. GrampaLove

GrampaLove Members

Synchronicity is an amazing thing. I have not had any mushrooms in a while, months anyway, but they were on my mind last night so I wrote my previous post. This was after my wife went to bed and we had not spoken about mushrooms recently.

When I got up this morning she had left a note for me saying that she wished she could have tripped with me last night! WTF?? I didn't trip last night and can't wait until she gets home so I can find out why she wrote that. Then I turn on the TV and within seconds they (CBS this morning) were talking about how psilocybin helps depression!! I know she didn't see the post I wrote.

A tripple whammy of synchronicity. goosebumps man!

It is possible that I may use them again some day but right now I doubt it. Even now with cannabis, it's not the same anymore. I never used to get visuals from cannabis, now I do. I also get that "sliding down the rabbit hole" feeling when I smoke. So now I have noticed I smoke way less than I did before. When I smoke cannabis it's about like eating a couple of grams of mushrooms. I think they flushed out my brain and reorganized it a bit.

It's chilly out but a beautiful day. Time to get some coffee in me and go explore the day.

Namaste my friends!
    Spread Love not hate! Spread spores too, heh!

Anyone here near Mt. Airy NC? Martinsville, VA? Greensboro NC? Just curious.

8. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

Salvia taught me the biggest lesson of all. A lesson in multidimensionality. I learned, that the dimension we inhabit, the third dimension, is one of many.. possibly an infinite amount. We are very low level state beings, and I get the impression the fourth / fifth / sixth dimensions onwards (which I am now convinced are awaiting us upon death of the human body), contain beings that look down on our dimension and laugh at how seriously we take it all.

9. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I regret never having taken 'shrooms while not under the influence of alcohol or pot.