Does anyone here regret doing shrooms?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by wcw, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The old one? It says your account was created yesterday.

2. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

He's some imposter...

3 people like this.
  3. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

0.o
    I regret not being on shrooms right now

1 person likes this.
  4. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I took some 2 days ago and regretted it at the time, but not after having time to reflect on it when I was sober again.

My friend had some extremely potent mushrooms that we had tried before and this time we decided to do a lot more. He ended up having a huge freak out and asking me to leave. I had to take a crowded bus while I was peaking and it seemed pretty scary at the time.

I still had a lot of stuff to look back on afterwards though, so I would still consider it a productive trip.

5. Asmodean

Wow, I would not have gone on that crowded bus for anything at the climax of a trip! Kudos to you for keeping it together in that unexpected (and uncomfortable) situation :-D

1 person likes this.
  6. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I didn't really have a choice. He lives in a busy downtown area and there was nowhere else to go. Once I got home I ended up having a couple fairly good hours left to my trip though. The visuals on those mushrooms were amazing!

2 people like this.
  7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I regret running out of shrooms...

2 people like this.
  8. Asmodean

All in all he freaking out and insisting you'd leave when you're at such a location sounds like the ultimate recipe for a bad trip! Glad it worked out so well :)

9. AstralBear

AstralBear Feed the Bear

Nah, shrooms are an interesting alternate state-of-mind and they have taught me a lot.

1 person likes this.
  10. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

If you're going to trip, shrooms are the way to go in my opinion.. period. I'd take shrooms over LSD (real LSD, not some shoddy research effort) any day, and I'd learn 10 times more as a result because I come from the (experienced) viewpoint that shrooms connect us to source and LSD doesn't.
    Regret mushrooms? How can anyone regret something that has a plethora of benefits, of which's use predates religion, and is one of the oldest teachers of human beings in the world? This is not your typical drug, not your LSD or your MDMA.. this is a sacrament and something you would do well to take with a degree of seriosity. How can anyone regret something that can put a temporal lock (permanent if you do the work afterwards) on the part of the brain that is reponsible for depression and self-doubt and worrying about what others think of you? How can anyone regret feeling like they're communicating with a higher self within, which seems to be revealing certain facts that had previously never been considered? How can anyone regret the mushroom hallucinations, the tapestry of consciousness laid within your field of view, joining up the missing lines betweem the dots and showing you energy working in ways you've never seen it work before?
    No, I do not regret a single encounter with the mushroom and I respect it as much as I do Salvia Divinorum; the biggest teacher of them all (for me).

1 person likes this.
  11. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

You are the first person in the history of the world to prefer Salvia to mushrooms and LSD . . . hell, you're the first person I've ever encountered to describe Salvia as a teacher.

What has she taught you? My impression of the trip is that its pretty short, delirious and nonsensical; like a non-mystical DMT with no higher geometry present.

12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I find Salvia to be quite a mystical and trascendent experience as well, in the same ilk of DMT. The geometry present can be quite complex, probably doesn't have quite the same 'vibrance' or what Mckenna referred to as 'polished sheen' as DMT, but Salvia tends to exhibit pretty interesting geometrical patterns, moreso than I experienced with say 5-meo-dmt.

Salvia was also the first trip I had 'entity' contact with, at a time where I had not known such an experience possible with psychedelics. Also, if nothing else, it taught me not to buy into conventional opinion in regards to psychedelics, as I had for some reason thought LSD was as far out as someone could go on a trip but my 2nd Salvia trip, 1st breakthrough blew that notion out the water and then some.

1 person likes this.
  13. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

No.

I do think one should be considerate of the environment in which they do mushrooms though, as bad mushroom trips are not pleasant.

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i know a guy that regrets eating some regular wild ones

almost killed him...probably has permanent liver damage

but he survived

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

verified spore vendor ...

its almost impossible to run out of shrooms no-a-days.

however I dont make a habit of keeping them fruiting. somehow it just become boring. so I almost enjoy running out of shrooms..

16. malborochildren

malborochildren Members

before use of these mushrooms, i was a very calm and psychically stable person.
    but after eating amanita muscaria mushrooms, while in affect by this drug,
    suddenly, without true reason, i decided to commit suicide!
    suddenly i started to smash my head into wall, then into floor!!
    and when i understood that i will not succeed to commit suicide this way,
    i started to scream hysterically like a slaughtering animal.
    then my neibhours came and called an ambulance.
    yet they kept me in hospital only a day, and then released after i calmed down.

but after some time had passed, i decided to try psilocybe cubensis (magic mushrooms).
    this time, the consumption of these mushrooms - this drove me to complete insanity and psychical exhaustion!
    i no loger could separate reality. i was crying all the time, calling for help.
    i became completely lost. i do not find the right words to explain how i felt...
    even many days after this "journey", i could not calm down.
    the people around me, my relatives, noticed this (it was impossible not to notice).
    so they called an ambulance. this time doctors admitted that i became mentally ill,
    and placed me into psychiatric hospital. now i am sick of schizophrenia,
    i am using hard medicine (zyprexa), and every week have to go to hospital.
    but this does not help. i can't sleep, and if i sleep i dream nightmares,
    i can't work - so i am living in close to poverty.
    and i never stop thinking about committing suicide.
    however, on the other hand, i admit seeing some nice visuals, rainbows, nature looked very beautiful.
    but this positive experiences, compared to the psychical damage which i suffered,
    is really not worthy. do not to risk to suffer so much with many years lasting mental damage.

PEACE AND LOVE DUDES!!!

17. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

My only experiences with magic mushrooms have been with psilocybin, but to answer the question, sometimes yes, sometimes no... I've had bad trips on mushrooms that were a complete waste of my time; trips that could have gone well! but didn't. I've also had times that I don't regret.

18. Chigurh

Chigurh Members

Nope, even bad experiences are worth the price of the many, many good ones.

19. Bud D

Bud D Member

That is why I would rather trip alone. My best trips were not alone but trusting people for security is difficult when they are tripping.

The best feeling of ecstasy came from mushrooms and a bit of weed.

20. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

if you are leaving your house you should ALWAYS have a sober person with you.