Who wears necklaces?

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by NatureDude, Nov 24, 2013.

1. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

I've got a nice collection of necklaces made of natural raw materials like bone, wood, stones etc. and sometimes pieces of stainless still. I think necklaces are a form of self-expression.

2. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

I wear a silver shamrock necklace. I've worn it almost every day for probably the past 7 or 8 years. I only take it off when I absolutely have to. I have a bunch of necklaces but this is the only one I wear. I'm not a big jewelry person. Wedding ring/anniversary band, necklace and tragus ring are all I wear on a daily basis.

3. sunshine186

sunshine186 midnight toker

I wear a yin and yang pendant on a chain with a safety pin found on my late my late uncle's shirt. I switch it out for a fancy necklace if necessary, but usually I wear it non stop

4. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I have quite a few and think it would be cool to wear them but they drive me nuts everytime I do

5. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

Wearing more than one necklace would look a bit strange?

6. happilyinlove

happilyinlove with myself :p

depends on the necklaces and their lengths. layering necklaces is usually pretty cute.

Rings are really my favorite.

7. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I make a lot of jewelry. I have one necklace that I wear 24/7 that is an amethyst pendant on leather with some beads. This necklace is worn under my clothes next to my skin. I have worn this one over 20 years (replacing the leather when it wears out.)

When I go out I usually wear a second necklace over my shirt.

The pendants I use are generally stone or silver. The beads are wood, bone, clay, stone and/or some glass ones that are made locally by a woman who has a shop downtown.

8. nympho man

nympho man Member

I wear a Maltese Cross necklace. Have for several years. I love it as well as my job it represents. My wife bought it for me as present.

9. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Not me, can't stand to have something around my neck like that. The only jewellery that I wear is my wedding ring.

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Two silver chains with medallions and a medicine bag... never without them.

11. Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy Zen & Bearded

I wear my mala when not at school. Too dangerous to have something dangling like that when around heavy equipment.

12. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Medicine bag? What's in it?

13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

If I told you I would have to... j/k

Just some small crystals, a piece of Mom's jewelry that almost survived the fire, stuff like that... Not "medicine" as most people think of it...

14. Bunnielight

Bunnielight Member

I wear necklaces almost on a daily basis.

Rings, bracelets, and necklaces. I have an obsession with interesting necklaces that catch your eye. I recently got a zodiac pocketwatch necklace, a deathly hallows, and (my personal favorite) a time turner.

I love necklaces that makes statements and display my interests.

One of my all time favorites I've ever had was one I got in Florida. Just a glass disc inside a gold ring, but the glass was iridescent and had a 3 dimensional human eye that looked like it was looking different directions.

Sadly, the glass shattered one day. :/

15. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

I've got this cool rasta coloured beads screw in choker necklace with a cowrie shell at the bottom and the bottom beads are shark cartilage and coconut shells

16. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I like necklaces that aren't too clunky or with chains that get caught in my hair. Either long satin cords with a pendant on it, or very thin gold chains with a lightweight pendant. I'm sick of all the jewelry I have so the only things I do wear constantly are my engagement ring, earrings, nose ring, and anklet.

17. Crysee

Crysee Member

I made a necklace using hemp twine. I added some beads that I hand carved from some sticks I found in my yard. There is a picture in my profile albums. I never take it off. It reminds me to be patient, it took a bit of time to make and I love it. I also wear a little Buddha necklace to remember to follow in his footsteps.

18. ahuva

ahuva Banned

Hi everybody,

Necklace is yet another component of jewelry.There are different design of necklace in the market. Its price is very high. Most of the women are interested to wear necklace in weeding ceremony. It looks attractive and beautiful.

Thanks a lot
    Yehoshua Pinto

19. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

I wear one with a peace sign and the sign of the ox on it. never take it off.

20. Koryssa_RUS

Koryssa_RUS Member

I do!

It is not this, though mine is similar to it )

[​IMG]