Thinking about buying a gun

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by LornaDoom, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Tom2756

Tom2756 Members

I find it difficult to believe that Uncle Sam would allow Armscorp to import receivers that have the correct milling of the fire control group
    (cavity and deep shelves) to be sold to civilians. Maybe I'm wrong but with our Gov't being so anal about full auto weapons I can't see them allowing these to be available if they could be easily converted by just drilling a few holes.

Like you said, if you did have a full auto version and got caught you would wind up being Bubba's play toy.
    I have no use for one anyway since there are no longer gun clubs around here that allow full auto.

2. lickandsuck

lickandsuck Members

I have an ar and enjoy it but not as much as my 1911. If I could get all the $$$ back I put into my ar I would have got an m1a. .308 in my opinion is better.

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I much enjoy my 1913 Springfield Arms double barrel, with 30 " barrels Since we only shoot targets and the like, I shoot strictly buckshot---like 9 38 slugs. What a dangerous weapon if one was using it as such. Saw a t- shirt slogan: If guns kill people,then pencils misspell words, Cars make people drive drunk and Spoons make people fat.
    No comment one way or the other from me about it.

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i bought one last week...still waiting for it to arrive

5. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

If you're looking for a semi-automatic handgun, my recommendation is a Rock Island Arms (Philippines "Colt") .45 Colt style frame, chambered for .38 Super.
    Only thing I had to do is get an aftermarket clip (stock ones are crap). These cost about $26.00 a piece. Oil it and a bit of grease in the right places and you've got a Match-Grade
    Competition firearm, for less than $500. That's what they are made for. But for whollop, accuracy and muzzle velocity they're hard to beat.
    I love this thing. Note-DO NOT shoot .38 Super shells in any regular .38 special pistol, you will likely split the barrel. They are Hot loads, and the regular .38 cannot handle it.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i wouldn't buy one for self defense. the practical realities just don't add up to working that way.
    on the other paw, if you have some aesthetic attraction to the technology or design of them,
    well to each their own.