Thinking about buying a gun

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by LornaDoom, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Why would you put a clip in an AR?

2. LornaDoom

LornaDoom Senior Member

talking about the clip on the sling..the metal thingamabobby

3. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Ahhhh, ok

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I think the main thing about accuracy is that you're supposed to squeeze slowly and ideally "be surprised" when it fires. Most people I have gone out shooting targets with, line up a shot and then ruin it by jerking the trigger.

Ruby--my son's girl friend came up with a cool idea. We go out to the country and where we shoot targets id a few hundred yards off. She bought a turkey baster, some flour and some balloons. She injects the flour into the balloons and no matter how far out the targets , when you hit one, you get a big puff of flour!! (don't know if it's an original idea of hers ---but it works.

5. LornaDoom

LornaDoom Senior Member

yeah, that is key, the surprise..you squeeze the trigger, not pull

6. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

I've shot balloons before. Never tried the flour thing, I'll have to try that next time. When I was younger we would participate in something called buckskinning (not skinning bucks) It's a re-enactment of the mountain man era. Camping in tipi's. Everything primitive. No flashlights or electric anything. We would shoot black powder rifles and sometimes we would set up at small town festivals and have shoots open for the general public to watch. It's not fun to watch people shoot paper targets so they would set up balloons. One time we were at this small town festival when I was maybe 7 years old. I would load my rifle and my dad would try to help me aim and I kept missing. Finally after a few misses I got frustrated and yelled at him to leave me alone. I could do it myself. He threw his hands up and said "fine, go ahead" Boom, I hit it. I'll never forget the look on his face and everyone laughing at him. haha.

We would also have candle shoots at night. Light a candle down range and you had to shoot and blow the flame out without hitting the candle.

Now my dad has made all kinds of fun metal targets that do different things when you hit them.

1 person likes this.
  7. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

It's one of the most prolific combat rifles in the world today. At least it's brother the M4/M16 is.

It's not overrated. It's extremely accurate. It's the Chevy 350 of rifles....highly customizable and easy to work on. It's a pleasure to shoot, easy to learn, and has almost no recoil.

I like my SKS too, but prefer my AR

8. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

You don't need to change out the trigger mechanism. I was very forcefully told by two young ladies that were going door to door for the DNC that anybody can walk into Walmart and buy a machine gun without even showing ID. One of them even said her kids can carry machine guns to school!

Make sure you get those 30 caliber black powder assault banana clips. Buy a lot though, I was told they run out and you need to buy new ones. They're super-duper deadly, especially when loaded with rocket propelled exploding boolletts. Even more so when you have that shoulder thingy that goes up. It makes all the difference in the world. Keep them hidden, if you have more than 30 b-b-b-boolletts the ATF will raid your house for hoarding ammo. And they'll shoot your seeing eye dog too!

My cousin is a Special Forces SEAL sniper Airborne Ranger frogman who trains Space Shuttle door gunners for NASA. He says you can shoot the screws off a license plate from the moon with the 30 caliber assault banana clips. Without them you're lucky to hit a continent. His mission is top secret...by day he pretends to be a PAC clerk. It's not hard, you just have to lose every piece of paper and form they hand you and voila! - You're an Army clerk.

Don't believe me? That's his picture in my avatar. He's also a rocket surgeon.

ETA: sigh.....the line about the dnc volunteers is true, they said you can buy machine guns at walmart without ID and kids can carry them to school. How's that for a mind fuck?

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

From the moon hey?

Lol.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr1Qe2m8oOA

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkUj0aGUBeo

1 person likes this.
  12. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

http://youtu.be/-TC2xTCb_GU

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

why not learn or invent how, to make something better?

14. bourne1978

bourne1978 Members

Believe it or not, the best handgun is the 22 revolver. Under rated but best.

15. Tom2756

Tom2756 Members

Good luck finding a lower receiver that accepts full auto parts.

16. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Do you realize that in doing so you might, in a best case scenario, save yourself a lot of money; yet in a worst case scenario it could cost you not just a number of years in prison but a whole lot more than if you did it the legal-way?

So go get a class 3 license and buy a legal machine gun. Better to do it that way than to do it illegally and risk losing your rights forever.

17. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNXSyR8aNBQ

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

This is the best decision anyone has made.

19. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

Armscorp makes AR lowers milled to full auto specs. All that's missing is the holes for the auto sear.

It doesn't take a lot of skill to drill them out, but once you do it's legally a machine gun. Bad ju-ju if the ATF finds out

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sounds like it's worth it. IMO.