Going To Sea

Discussion in 'Travel Talk' started by Shale, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Shale

Shale ~

Miami
    November 8, 2013 - Friday 8:00 AM

I am 69 years old. Slept in this morning and having leisurely cups of coffee while putting together a few things in a small bag for my weekend at sea. In a couple hours I will venture to the bus stop and take a Metro Bus to the Port of Miami and walk in to my ship. Hopefully this sunny sky at the moment will be with me as it has for several previous trips.

My friend Michel, who spent my B'day with me last year took me to dinner last nite for a wonderful and intimate evening together. (Yes, 69 is significant). :)

[​IMG]

I anticipate that this is how I enjoy celebrating a B'day - alone with a couple thousand ppl - able to reflect on things in my life while surrounded by blue on all horizons, enjoying the pool, sundeck & hot tub, perhaps meeting and talking to interesting ppl whom I will never see again. Well, you know I'm weird.
    Be back soon.

A Pic of This Trip B4:

[​IMG]

My Ship
    [​IMG]

2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Have a nice trip, and happy birthday :).

3. Shale

Shale ~

November 9, 2013

At Sea with Wind & Whitecaps

We were supposed to spend the day at Cococay and I was thinking about doing the wave runner or parasailing. Pero, was not to be. The capt. announced that the 30 knot winds were too strong to launch the boat tenders. Besides, when I went topside there was a cloudbank and the wind was actually quite cool. Feel sorry for the ppl here who wanted tropical weather. Me, I can go to the beach next week if I want.

So, been writing in my journal and said to hell with the extra cost, gonna send a message to in Net friends from somewhere in the Caribbean. I could know exactly where by watching one channel on the TV that shows where the ship is at. Been picking up a few movies that I missed in theater. The Oz one with James Franco I can still miss - The Great Gatsby looked decent.

This station is in front of a big window overlooking the quite turbulent sea right now and this deck is closer to the waterline. You should see the size of these waves. Beautiful! Not too queezy from the rolling. Thinking about how it must have been on a smaller sailing ship. I may do one of those next.

Well, gonna go back to wandering the ship or take in another movie.

Shale

4. Shale

Shale ~

November 10, 2013

A Good Day in Nassau

Well, we are now heading back to Miami after a good-weather day in Nassau. (well it did rain on my once, which is why I carry an umbrella in my backpak but the sun was out the whole time.) Did a lot of walking in Nassau. There are steep hills something I am not used to walking, but made it up to the old fort and found an interesting stairway to the fort that they carved out of the cliff. Missed it last time, having gone up some other steps thru a parking lot where the sign says "No Pedestrians." Luckily, laid back Bahamians don't seem to care.

Got back to the ship and spent the whole afternoon in the pool or hot tub. Actually laid out on a pool lounge getting some sun. (it is more intense here than Miami Beach).

Well, will be sending any more messages from home tomorrow. It was a nice little get away. This view right now out the big window over this monitor is fantastic. Dark blue water flowing by as the ship cuts thru it and off on the horizon some grey clouds with white ones above them and blue sky above that.

Til Later,
    Shale

5. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS6LJgfR1AM

would this be considered "going to sea"???

katsia likes this.
  6. shaillythomas

shaillythomas Banned

all the best for trip

7. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

just be careful if you venture to Portugal
    Nazare is no joke