Self employment thread.

Discussion in 'Free School' started by hillbillyhippy, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Thatguy2020

Thatguy2020 Members

I make custom skateboards with spray paint and sell them locally.it took a lot of begging from friends\family to get the money to start. (1 board and 2 cans of black and white +clear coat ) after I sold 1 use 100% profits on another board and more paint. I'm doing good and making good money as a teen in highschool. And school is a great time to start as marketing is very easy (gossip) and money is everywhere.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    topazann, skip and idahocowboy like this.
  2. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

And that is the secret to success...…...other peoples money to make money AND self motivation. You are off to a great start, never stop and never just accept what you're given.

3. zetamey

zetamey Members

Being a successful self employed person is basically marketing yourself, your skills, your services, or your self-made products. For people who want to be an online wiz or a blogger, here are my tips for self-employment:

1. Decide on a niche and determine what part of that niche you want to sell (whether that be your service or a physical or online product).
    2. If you plan to be self-employed online, make sure you always have a website. Having a website is your online presence which allows you to promote and market your goods. It's also a good professional portfolio. If you have no budget for a web designer or a web developer and you also don't know how to code, you can basically just DIY your website by creating a website through a website builder like hPage- Create a free website! - hPage.com which I highly recommend due to its business features. There's a free website and a paid website if you want custom domain and email-address.
    3. Streamline all your social media pages. Make sure you are seen online. Use a common social media handle for all social media websites.
    4. CONTENT IS KING online. Always create new content through your social media pages or your website.

I have a friend who makes six figures a year through her website, by the way, so as long as you have a website, there are endless possibilities.

4. topazann

topazann Members

I'm an illustrator. I do books, children's books, storyboards, in house stuff for companies, graphic design and illustrations for magazines. Also, I have small Etsy shop. There are I sell scrapbooking journals, printable templates. I sell scrapbooking journals, creating printable templates. I use the profits to pay for travel, food and misc costs during trips.

5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I have a great idea for a website, Do you think that it would work.?

Tired of travelling to the theater, How about an award winning Wills theater in your back yard.
    Prices start from £4 million

Find an easier way to travel with a Wills airport at the end of the garden. Only 3 miles needed for the Wills unique runway.
    Special one day offer £4.2 Billion.

Airport too noisy, How about cutting your electricity costs with a Wills Nuclear power station
    Guaranteed completion by 2039
    Today's price, £37 billion subject to inflation. Nuclear fuel rods not included.
    Offer subject to living on a coastline.