forum moderator

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by oldwolf, Sep 4, 2013.

1. oldwolf

oldwolf Waysharing-not moderating Super Moderator

As those who might peruse this forum would know, I have taken leave of my moderating status because I am traveling, usually in mountains, as as a result to not have the ability to go online often. Cell towers are dysfunctional in most mountains and for travelers, the satellite for internet is still too expensive. Once the set up for satellite is done, the service comes to be a little more than cellular; and with the idea that you can Skype then it becomes all you need for communication to the whole of those connected in the grid. I myself am going among those who for the most part are not connected, who are somewhat isolated from the technological whole and are living at peace and even desiring that isolation.
    I have been a hermit in fact for the last dozen years. Not that I thought of myself that way for most of it. Since 1980 I had been striving to attract intentional community to land that had come to me in the process of putting myself in the Way of opening to and trying to go back to community. I had left the SW US to go back east where the Hollow was located and for years built materials equipment and added land until the Hollow was 176 acres. Hilly , lots of dips and places to be out of sight and sound, and with the bottom of the hollow an old homestead where the folks who lived there before had built. Life happened and it came to me.
    In the SW and before I have been involved in community since I was 14, before that if one considers a large family.I have always felt that those you choose to be family are more so than those who happen to be de facto genetic family. Luckily I have a healthy respect for my siblings, though we have not chosen to build community together.

I give you the fore-part of this for some perspective.
    I became moderator in hip-forums long ago and in the beginning there were few moderators , so I moderated a good many and then just this forum for about the last 10 years or so.
    I have always felt that moderator ideally should not be noticed as such but just a positive influence on the forums they moderate, our functions are to keep spammers out a secure peaceful exchange of ideas and information. Seldom have I had to exert moderator banning authority for any except some of the many spammers that plague the net.
    In the forums click on *forums options* and under *forums info* click on *forum guidelines*.
    This gives you the information about the site. This is a privately owned site (SKIP)and the owner is the final arbiter on this site, with moderators acting in his behalf for smooth flowing , orderly and guidelines abiding communications.
    I have not been acting as moderator here for the last 6 months and would like to see someone positively and personally involved with ICs to oversee this forum. I have PMed skip and suggested that *AlchemistGeorge* be considered as new moderator here, after first asking AG if he would.

Putting this as a sticky because we've always been one of the most open and sharing forums here and thought that you were all "need to know".

Blessings

Namaste

1 person likes this.
  2. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

if you have been moderator for so long, and you trust that AlchemistGeorge will do a good job, then I support your decision.

I have been a member of this site for the last 12 years, and the communal living section has always been my favourite forum!

Thank you for all your hard work over the years!

the hippie community needs more people willing to put in the work!