Intergalactic Union

Discussion in 'The Future' started by FinShaggy, Aug 19, 2013.

1. FinShaggy

FinShaggy Banned

Stop for a second and think. An alien, will be at least as alien to you as an elephant is.

And communication with an alien, will be on a level that any plant, animal, or cell can communicate on. So the only way we will be able to communicate with aliens is electro-chemically, like how your brain functions, or how ants tell each other things.

I think that aliens most likely came to Earth a billion years ago, and there were dinosaurs here, and the aliens said "FUCK that planet". Then they came back about 3000 years ago, and said "FUCK these guys. At least the dinosaurs warned you before they killed you". And the only way the government is in communication with aliens, is if we have a hostage.

I have a question for you: If humans won't accept ANY other animal as a sentient being, deserving of more than to be processed into food, then WHY should an alien EVER speak to us?

They are another species. Most likely some insect, plant, fungus, reptile (since those are the best at surviving in this universe). They would not be accepted visually when they got here. They would not be able to speak to us, as the would speak through pheromones, movement/dance/body language, tone, or even sex and violence. We have no idea how they talk, but I'm sure it's not with their air ways, since that is just about the least trustworthy source of information about a person.

I also believe we should accept children. We lie to them, then expect them to handle the world when we throw it at them. We need to accept children as people, we need to accept animals as people, and we need to accept plants as people.

Especially plants, since they have been here longest, seen the most disasters, seen the most beauty and learned to communicate directly with our minds via alkaloidal chemical-electro signals.

2. Sig

Sig Senior Member

ok?

3. FinShaggy

FinShaggy Banned

This is a section about the future is it not?

4. FinShaggy

FinShaggy Banned

My dog can answer questions like "Do you need to go pee?" or "Are you hungry?" etc. By shaking like he is wet, which is his way of saying "yes". And dogs are inbred. Bears are said to be smarter than dogs.

In Thailand and India, monkeys steal stuff from people...

Why don't we integrate all of these animals into society, and start breeding the smartest ones? Give them jobs and shit.

I honestly believe that aliens would communicate with us, if we started communicating with other species. They have NO reason to communicate with us until we accept at least ONE other species, so why don't we?

5. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Really? That is the reason? It can't possibly be anything else?

6. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

We do give the smartest animals jobs and shit.
    Where have you been?

7. Manservant Hecubus

Also: United Federation of Planets

8. FinShaggy

FinShaggy Banned

The reason for what?

9. FinShaggy

FinShaggy Banned

Really. Please tell me what bears do?

And what about the whole part about actually COMMUNICATING with those animals, and integrating them into society. Did you not read that part?

10. Sig

Sig Senior Member

The reason why an alien intelligence hasn't contacted us.

11. FinShaggy

FinShaggy Banned

Oh, definitely.

Why would aliens talk to us, if we don't even talk to other Earthlings?
    An alien will be AT LEAST as alien to us as an elephant or ant is. Probably MUCH more so.

Even if they tried, I'm sure we wouldn't even understand them. So it's more that we CAN'T communicate with them until we communicate with other things.

12. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Are you really this obtuse?

We do share a common language with any intelligent alien species. That language is called math.

13. Manservant Hecubus

First off, if you don't understand why bears can't and shouldn't hold down a societal job, no matter the intelligence then I don't know what to say. You haven't thought it out a whole lot.

As for communicating and integrating: Dogs. In fact, we evolved along side them to the point that they are one of the few animals that can read actual emotional expressions from a human's face. They hold jobs and do so rather well.

Day by day, zoologists, biologist, neuro-chemists come closer and closer to knowing more about animals and thier communication. To listen to you, you'd think nobody has even been bothering. Maybe you need to watch more Nature of Things. There is some exciting things going on out there!!

It's like you're so hung up on proving humanity's hubris that you've just left a whole planet worth of data on the cutting floor.

14. FinShaggy

FinShaggy Banned

Wow. You REALLY think that we are correct in our math???!??!?!?

We only have the Earth, Space and the Moon to experiment with, the moon has had HARDLY anything done on it, an we hardly understand the physics and workings of the planet we live on.

You SERIOUSLY think that we are going to be able to understand even basic universal math, let alone enough to communicate with a culture we have never even heard of?

Like REALLY? AND what if they aliens don't use light for vision, how the FUCK do we communicate math to them then???

15. FinShaggy

FinShaggy Banned

If you reply as ridiculously as the rest of your replies, THIS is when you get ignored.

16. FinShaggy

FinShaggy Banned

We can't even communicate math to animals that DO use the same methods of reception as us (other Earth creatures).

17. Manservant Hecubus

Do they have the frontal cortex power for that level of pattern recognition?

If an alien species gets here and does not have the pattern recognition capabilities to figure us out, then I doubt they would have gotten that far our of thier own galaxy.