hair test

Discussion in 'Drug Testing and Legal Issues' started by junglejack, Jul 31, 2013.

1. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

G/F just got offered big time position- -Man we both have been struggling $$$ wise for a long time
    Me, Im retired and it is what it is- -
    She is a bit younger, and we could really use this type of income-
    The problem is- - This company wants her to go for the hair drug test-
    Now, she only smoked weed 3 times in the last year- - (we aren't talking about me here :sifone:)- -
    unfortunately , it was all this month. I'm only talking about the equivalent of maybe a joint- - does that make a difference ?

Any real ideas or solutions are appreciated - -please NO shave her head type of stuff- -this is kinda serious

jack

2. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

How recent was her last smoke? When I worked in an occ health clinic, we always told people they had a 30 day window with a hair test.

3. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

last smoke was about 5 days ago- -about 3 hits off a joint- -before that maybe 2 weeks ago- again 3 hits off a joint

Before these 2 times - about 3 1/2 weeks ago?- -again a couple of hits after a few glasses of wine-:)

4. *MAMA*

Yeah, that's likely going to show up. It *can* stay in hair for up to 6 months, but it's average is 30 days. Sorry :(

5. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

Nothing out there that can get into the follicles and change the chemistry a little ??
    Is it a "sure thing" that it will show up? Or maybe- just maybe> being as its so little it wont

just hoping
    jack

6. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

If you run a permanent solution through your hair it basically "opens up"/cleans out the hair shaft. She could get a perm and do that...its a 2-step process, not counting conditioning it afterwards. I personally know someone that did that and they tested clean. I know they had done (LOTS) more than you describe her doing.

If a person were to do that a lot (even with conditioning) it would probably damage the hair. However, just doing it this one time should most probably not harm it (condition it afterward) and it would easily knock out what littlebitty amount of thc is there now.

7. *MAMA*

This is an excellent suggestion. I never would have thought of that.

8. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

What is a permanent solution?- Is there a brand or something that she should know about?
    The concept of opening follicles or whatever & /cleaning out the hair shaft, sounds right*

9. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

Actually the average hair test goes back at least 3 months. They have means of using only hair from the last 1-3 months depending on the length of the sample, but its not by any means an exact measure and more of a general guess. I would expect that she would fail the hair test. I've failed hair tests from just smoking a few times. The general suggestion for beating a hair test is to bleach the hair and redye it. You can do this multiple times for good measure but in your wife's case once would probably be enough.

10. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

Double post

11. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

"Perm" (permanent) solution completely resets the chemistry of a hair follicle, making it curly - when applied to hair on rollers, or it can straighten hair if it is run through as I've suggested. Permanent solution also changes/penetrates into the hair shaft possibly more than bleaching and redyeing does...however, bleaching/redying could work. Also when one bleaches their hair, according to what color the hair is initially, it can seriously damage the hair when you try to "bring it up". Then re-dying to get it back to some semblance of the color it was before can be very tricky.

I know the perm works.

Many different kinds/brands of perms are available at Sally Beauty Supply and they are all over the US. Only some brands are available to the general public but there would still be several there for her to choose from. I'm not sure, but I think Wal-Mart has perms.

As I said before a perm can be used to straighten hair if it is put on the hair, combed thoroughly - and straight. She could also say this *whoever* is going to try straightening their hair and they are going to "try this".

Also - If she were to go to Sally Beauty tell her to pretend she is going to do this for a niece or somebody. If she wants to curl her hair slightly she can get some big rods...but I wouldn't really suggest she go through all that since rolling it, getting the solution throughout the hair well and through the rods and then rinsing it out and applying the 2nd solution would also get tricky. She could even say *whoever* already has some rods they will use.

Good luck. Let us know how everything goes.