Proving to a global warming denier that climate change is real,in 14 seconds

Discussion in 'The Environment' started by Wolfman's Brother, Jul 30, 2013.

1. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I don't see why that's an important fact.

2. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Because obviously if there is still ice in the Antarctic man made Global Warming must be false.

/sarcasm

3. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Because antarctic ice is still growing despite all the propaganda spewed around. It's summertime down there right now, so during this time at the south pole the sun never sets.

I get it though. Realism and common sense doesn't have any correlation with a global warming cultist like yourself.

4. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Denialists are stubbornly obtuse. There is nothing 'realistic' about your opinion, and rest assured it is an opinion-- and not one that you've developed by exposing yourself to actual science. It might be intuitive and easier to understand, but relying on 'common sense' is the worst possible way to understand a complex phenomenon. If everyone relied on 'common sense', you would think the sun revolves around the Earth.

But since you don't seem to fully understand the whole 'states of matter' thing, here's a nifty experiment for you to try!

1. Get an ice cube.
    2. Put it on a plate in a warm room and leave.
    3. Come back several hours later-- what has happened to the ice cube???
    4. Put the plate in the freezer.
    5. Notice that instead of a single, thick ice cube, you now have a thin sheet of ice spread out over the plate.
    6. Accounting for evaporation, do you think have more ice than you used to?
    7. Which happens more often? Sublimation or evaporation?
    8. What would happen if you put that ice cube on top of water that wasn't freezing and stayed warm all year round?

This is what is happening at both poles. The permanent, continental ice is melting into the ocean and refreezing as a thinner, wider sheet of sea ice. And some of it is NOT refreezing.

But there are a lot of complex factors involved here... if you want to read an actual scientific article as opposed to the Marc Morano version, I would recommend starting with something like this:

http://www.skepticalscience.com/antarctica-gaining-ice.htm

5. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

It's obvious that the theory of Man explains he's going well justified that the new Laws of Nature can teach us to think.

6. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Awesome video! What really grew though is the human population, and our conscious awareness. Television evolved. Technology grew.

We live inside of a gigantic electromagnetic box: TV. Or a microwave.

7. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

We'll rock the earthly world INTO Climate Change with a SEXUAL revolution. Where's that picture of John Lennon?

8. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Were goof balls called bituman, or was amphetamene called speed?

9. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

That already happened. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_love

John was murdered, yeah?

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvnPD2huxTA"]Glacier Thought To Have Sunk Titanic Sets Record For Speed - YouTube

11. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

It's called terraforming...we can make Mars more like Earth

We can make Earth more like Venus or Mercury....

12. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

I want to make Earth more like Uranus.

13. I don't get denialists. You're against cutting carbon emissions or what? What's the worst that can happen if we start taking our shit seriously?

14. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I don't believe carbon dioxide causes global warming. I believe it's caused by solar activity. "Global warming" is being used by a bunch of rich, elite bureaucrats to push a carbon credits scam and take people's freedoms away. There are thousands upon thousands of scientists worldwide who dispute the theory of man-made global warming, yet the media would have us believe otherwise. The governments promoting this scam aren't doing shit to cut carbon emissions. It's all about robbing more wealth from the public under the guise that it will help the environment.

15. Carbon dioxide can't possibly be good, though, can it? Let's try to go electric or something.

16. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

17. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

Electricity is just another form of energy after all, and how it is produced and delivered is key to reducing our carbon footprint. Electric motors tend to be much more efficient than the internal combustion engines In cars.

Even an old dirty coal base load plant is much more efficient in extracting the heat from coal and converting it to electrical energy. It much easier to design for optimum effiency on this large scale, and at a very consistent load. There will be losses in efficiency during the transmission and distribution of electric power to the end user but it still tends to come out with better numbers to do this generation large scale.

I can't put in specific numbers out here, but electric motors are much more effient under varying load conditions using state of the art motor control electronics.

We need to find out where the inefficiencies are and overhaul that part of the system and get it as efficient as possible. I'm not saying throw all cars off the road, but to get smart about our transportation. We don't need to take rights away from individuals, but giving incentives to certain companies can help growth and venture.

18. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

What do you mean by "efficiency"? Are you meaning the efficiency of getting around with wasting less energy because the convenience increases for the user to be "independent" of the community's rules. To hell with that efficiency. It sizes up separately the costs in the individual consumption of the consumer and the costs of maintaining a free market in buying and testing the product for consumer ideological preference. Electricity does not reduce the carbon footprint in the over-all community because ... it's a Mac, it's a mac... against the corporations IT IS.

19. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

I'm not claiming climate change is not real for the human freedom to think about OR even the common community to think about.

I'm claiming that the ideas of reducing the emission of carbon into the atmosphere by individuals is about corporations allowing themselves unreality for the whole Concept.

The whole concept of carbon footprints is at this point in time trying to put big corporations out of business. Succeeding will be not about that but defining that we must crawl into the state of each and everyone of us being an ostrich with his head in the ground.:sunny:

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

[​IMG]