Angel Action Atlanta

Discussion in 'Activism' started by Aerianne, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Edit* - A great group of people but not very active year-round so I've joined another group prideindiversity.org alslo Pride in Diversity on facebook.

This is not about sexuality. It is about Love.
    This is about stopping all bullying, hate crimes, acts of terrorism, racism, and homophobia.

[​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJYSme6xxhI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJYSme6xxhI

Begun in 1999, by Romaine Patterson, in response to the murder of Matthew Shepherd.

"Before you stands a band of angels. They come from a number of backgrounds: they don't represent any one group; they don't represent any one religion, sex, race, age, or sexual orientation. They are merely a group of people who joined with me because they believe in honesty and truth. So often we find that people are willing to make a lot of noise about what they believe to be true. We don't believe that we have to say anything at all. Aside from this brief explanatory statement, our actions will speak for themselves. Just one look and the truth is plainly clear. Our focus is to bring forth a message of peace and love. Hatred is running rampant through our everyday lives. But as a group, we choose to lift ourselves above that hatred. We feel as so many others do, that love and compassion for our community and our humanity are the answers that so many people are desperately searching for."

http://eatromaine.com/1/laramie-angels.html

Angel Action Atlanta - Last Fall standing before Westboro Baptist Church in the Atlanta Pride Parade.

[​IMG]

2. Aerianne

I've had some questions about the Angel pics in my signature line lately.

I've put the description beneath the pic but here it is:

This is Angel Action Atlanta, which I am a member of. We're a group that goes to public gatherings, parades, funerals, etc. to form a silent shield between the participants and hate groups who might attend.

We also have an outreach program for those who feel they are victims of bullying.

3. Aerianne

Angel Action Atlanta is gearing up for our big action at Atlanta Pride, which is just a few weeks away! At the last meeting, it was announced that we already know 4 - 5 hate groups will be there for us to counter.

As well as marching, we will also be set up in Piedmont Park all day, handing out anti-bullying help info and hugs to anyone who needs them.

You can help with our outreach and score a pretty cool item.

We still have the awesome Stop The Hate T-shirts for sale, plus some new items.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The can be ordered here:http://www.etsy.com/listing/1613008...are&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_source=Pinterest

~
    Thanks for your time spent reading this. :)

4. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

Thats what our country is built around I hate to say it

5. Aerianne

What's that, Libra? What is the country built around?

6. Aerianne

I guess you mean the bullying, Skitzo_Child. I think some form of bullying exists in almost all settings where groups of people are involved, even if it is subtle.

7. Aerianne

What we do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2emvehiq8pE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2emvehiq8pE

8. AiryFox

AiryFox Member

It is true. Even though I never encountered it in school, which makes me think bullying is primarily a Hollywood movie making business, I do know that it actually does happen. I suppose I was just lucky to have not experienced it.

One illogical thing I abhor in regards to people who think same-sex couples should not be able to adopt is that the opponents to it state the children will be teased for having two parents of the same sex.

Guess what? Children are picked on by other children for all types of reasons. For instance, children are picked on for wearing glasses. Does that mean parents should prevent their children from wearing glasses to school?

9. Aerianne

10. Aerianne

We're gearing up for Atlanta Gay Pride which is next weekend. I just wanted to share some photos of how it all comes together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Aerianne

12. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

first thing i think when i see people walking down the street in white sheets is kkk

13. Aerianne

This group couldn't be farther from any association with them.

14. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Everytime I click on a link, it not only takes f o r e v e r...but sometimes it won't even go! :( I'm saying that in advance to ask if the shirts are still $5 + $1 shipping (total of $6). That is such a freakin' excellent price, I can even dig that out of my (very) meager resources. :)

15. Aerianne

Lynn, no baby...Look at the pic again. The shirts are $18 plus $5 for shipping, then $1 more shipping for each additional shirt.

16. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

^ oh lord! Thanks for telling me, Aeri! I knew I couldn't have read that right...and I didn't. :blush5:

17. Aerianne

It's okay. There will be another shipment ordered later anyway so just save a little longer. :grouphug:

18. Aerianne

19. Aerianne

20. Aerianne

Two of my friends from Angel Action Atlanta went to Westboro Baptist Church this evening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.