Confused about Salvia D.

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by KingLemon, Jul 21, 2013.

1. KingLemon

KingLemon Guest

i'm new here and i am also a bit new to salvia...

i recently went to a local head shop and bought 1 g. of salvia extract 20x(supposedly organic). before finding this extract i have only smoked salvia leaves about 2 years ago. i'm 18 btw still live with my parents...

the first 20x "trip" was 3 days ago, i was in my room at night , all lights off except my computer and my lava lamp. I packed about half a bowl into my small glass bong, sat on the floor and cleared my mind for about 10 minutes, right after i hit the bong with a bic lighter and i had a terrible time with the smoke(i haven't smoked in about 6-7 months), but got in a medium sized hit and held it until i forgot about it. i remember that i had no idea that humans existed, my mind/soul and everyone else's were just there, no body . its very hard to explain... it's like a out of body experience except my body was nowhere to be found, i was freaking out b/c i had a vision that i was in my living room and my parents were finding out that i was doing drugs, still no human existence, but i could feel that we were all there. i will sum it up and when i realized i was back in my normal consciousness, i was sweating terribly and had a body buzz for about 35 minutes.

second trip was this morning about 4 hours ago, in my room, used a bit less salvia extract this time to make sure i could clear the bowl, same feeling of the humanity not existing, and i was just a mind and a soul, i started out by holding the smoke right in front of my window to see if my trip would be any different by seeing the yard and all the tree's around my house. but to sum it up, it was still an unpleasant experience but not terrifying , didn't even notice the outside world, and again came to consciousness very sweaty... very hard to explain but you get my point.

also there were no vibrant colors,being in outer space, etc., just a very very distorted reality... anyone have any suggestions how to have a better experience on this very powerful drug?

thanks

2. falconer

falconer Member

Distorted reality is what youll get off a bowl. Try smoking a bong and use a torch lighter. I had plants talk to me this way.

3. falconer

falconer Member

Or if you REALLY want something special... chew a gram of the extract. Don't swallow the extract, just your excess saliva when your mouth fills up. You need to absorb it through the membranes of your mouth. Making tea or eating it wont work too well. Ive tried the tea, it sucks. If the flavor is too bitter for you, chew some strong flavored gum, or even a mint with it. Good luck.

4. KingLemon

KingLemon Guest

i did use a bong, but i have heard that the torch lighters work much better, i will have to get one and try it, and i will definitely try chewing it if the torch lighter doesn't get me better results, thanks for you input

5. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

that sounds kinda similar to my unpleasant salvia trip. don't have any advice on how to make that stuff more pleasant, sorry.

6. falconer

falconer Member

The more you take at once, the more pleasant it will be. I found that it was like i was trapped between two worlds unless i got myself launched to the "otherside" of the trip.

7. porkstock41

nah, i went to the "otherside." it was not pleasant. maybe it could be pleasant another time...when i was expecting it. but maybe some people just find a salvia breakthrough unpleasant.

8. savannahtree

savannahtree Member

Don't think I've fully broken through. But I have had a couple of cool trips.

First time I did it I think I almost broke through, maybe a little more would have done the trick. I felt like I did when I took acid for about 10 seconds, then that intensity drew away and I was debating whether to take another hit or not. Different objects on my computer desk (where I was sat) were talking to me, explaining how to take the next hit or whether I should or not. This was in my head, the objects didn't physically look like they were talking, but in my mind they were. My duvet cover also looked like a really fat and flat man (kind of like a Buddha statue) who was observing me with high wisdom.

The trip was mostly in my mind (if you know what I mean). I wasn't really hallucinating physically, but things just seemed surreal and different in my mind.

I could hear very spiritual music in my head too. It was cool.

That was pretty much it, afterwards I just felt retarded for 10 minutes. I kept dropping things and stumbling all over the place, while still hearing the music in my head and other voices, but much less intense. I also spilled some ash so scooped it in my hand with the intention of throwing it in the bin, but I just threw it in the air in my room. Haha! No idea why.

All in all it was a very pleasant and mild trip :)

My second trip on salvia was less vivid. This time, rather than different objects in my room talking to me, I thought different parts of my room were talking to me. Or rather, they were just looking at me, observing what I was doing and judging me for what I was doing. Aha it sounds mad I know! Again, this wasn't physically happening, just in my mind.

It's hard to explain.

During both trips I felt like gravity was around me and pulling me down.

I enjoyed doing it, and I even have some more waiting for when the time is right.

I found it quite hard to hold it in for 20 (or more) seconds, anyone else?

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I'm not sure your approach based on your response but...

A bong makes the smoke much more tolerable then a pipe as it cools down the smoke, if you are insistent on breaking through you may want to get a torch lighter as the plant needs to be burned at high temperatures to release it's psychoactive molecule Salvinorin-A.

Also be set on taking 2 hits from the get go if you seek a powerful trip. You pretty much need to get your full dose in under a minute as tolerance starts to build up, so this is not the type of thing like weed where you can take a toke, kinda see where you're at before going in for more. It's very possible you may even start feeling some slight affects after that initial hit, so that's why I'm saying be decisive about taking another one.

10. savannahtree

savannahtree Member

Ahhh thank you for your wisdom. I will be sure to take it into account. I was using a pipe.

Is there a noticeable difference between using a torch lighter and a standard one?

11. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

from what i've heard, you want to use a torch because it needs to be hotter than weed does to get full effect.

12. porkstock41

from what i've experienced, a regular lighter is all. you'll. need. :devil:

it's much more important to hold it in and take a 2nd hit immediately after exhaling the first.
    if you want to breakthrough that is.

13. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

A torch lighter is more efficient but it doesn't change the effects of the trip, my first breakthrough was with a torch lighter but I've found holding the flame of a standard lighter against the Salvia while inhaling about as equally effective.

14. Allisuunshine

Allisuunshine Member

I agree about salvia being an out of body experiance. I did 160x and It was a trip I'll never forget it opened my eyes to alot of things. Its also something I feel like I only needed to do one time.

15. Martyn

Martyn Member

SD will not give you a an out of body experience. SD binds to the Kappa receptors so when it agitates these sites it begins to distort spatial awareness and sense of self. It's an abberation that thankfully doesn't last long. You're not actually having an out of body experience; your brain is just out of synchronicity which is why people experience this effect, but it isn't real.

16. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think your post is well intentioned but I also think it's potentially misleading in a dangerous way to those looking to explore Salvia Divinorum. The interest in Salvia Divinorum seems to have diminished the past few years but regardless I'll respond, many people report experiencing (hence the underlined part) sensations of being out of body (hence out of body experience). It is a very powerful sensation/perception that one cannot simply remind themselves in the middle of the trip that "Oh this is just my neurochemistry being altered by the chemical I ingested." It is often the case, that people do not recollect being on anything during the trip at all and have minimal to no ability to interact with trip sitters.

We could chalk up other OOBE's such as UFO encounters or coming back from Comas, etc. as being predominantly influenced by neurochemistry as well, rendering the concept meaningless, but the weight of the experience is in the perceptions and sensations.