Minimalist Lifestyle Living Without Tv

Discussion in 'Living on the Earth' started by minimalistgeneration, Jul 15, 2013.

1. David0301

David0301 Members

it has been 5 years since i have not watched a single "movie" and i am so proud of it. The result ---> i got my fantasy back. I am socially more compatible and appreciated. I love and appreciate life and society even more. If I had a cable TV i think i would only watch National Geographics and History TV Channel. Alternating between them. ALlthough even these 2 channels play 60% garbage how i discovered.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The quality tv programs are almost all on the 3 public channels. All the extra (for profit) channels are mostly rubbish entertainment.
    There are some good extra digital 'channels' too, like extensions of the public ones with often its own specialty. I mostly dig the history stuff. Good docs, unlike on the more wellknown commercial/for profit History channel which seem to find entertainment more important. Same with Nat geo and Discovery which used to be much better.

And think about the discipline argument: if you have discipline and other fun stuff to do, what threat does using a TV have.
    You switch it on to watch the thing you're interested in, and switch it off afterwards.
    If you don't know whats on you check the guide and make a decision.
    People blaming the tv for watching it like a zombie should look at themselves.
    Often the case with other consumer issues as well.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

[​IMG]

4. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Impossibru!

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Asparagus or cuttlefish??

Yes, we can learn a lot from TV (even the silly entertainment shows) :-D

Be selective, use your brain and don't blame everything else for your own weaknesses. This is how we can have nice things :)