Do you trust the Media?

Discussion in 'The Media' started by PhotoDude, Jul 7, 2013.

1. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

Absolutely not! News companies are profit based institutions, with politically interested forces investing in it, which easily results in biased reporting.

2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I feel sorry for ALSTONS'S 16 year OLD SON ...crying .Did you see that? I did, and do not even know If this is the right thread tO put that thought in.....BUT i READ ONE COMMENT THAT MADE ME THINK OF IT.....

My hat's of off that poor kid. :(

BE WELL YOUNG MAN< MAKE SOMETHING OF YOURSELF ANDMAKE A DIFFERENCE>!!!!!!!!!

WE love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

it's such a joke i really don't know how people can take it seriously. fox news actually has real joke news.

4. P_Bateman

P_Bateman Members

I wrote for a non profit out of DC and the way they would manipulate stories I wrote I can only imagine how much shit gets warped in the big leagues. I believe motherjones is pretty legit .Find a couple sources you can trust cause most of its social distortion

5. astaesh420

astaesh420 Visitor

I do not trust the media at all. I believe that it is used only for propaganda and to miss inform. to make people hate one another instead of love one another, remember a very few own the majority of the world's media and i belive it is created to serve the interests of the one percent.

6. Bud D

Bud D Member

I don't believe the media for the most part has realized just how powerful love can manifest. I'd love to know who writes the news reports. They can be all over the place but generally side with the right. There are far left media and there are media outlets that use the far left as a weapon.

It's all very dangerous.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm sure you can find out which reporter came up with what. In newspapers it is often standard to have the name of the reporter/journalist with the item. When people don't get involved in things they come up with the weirdest theories based at best on gut feeling and emotion. Maybe just get into it. Oh no, that's a waste of time!

8. Bud D

Bud D Member

Talking about tv not the worthless local paper that is owned by the Republican Party!

9. Asmodean

I'm just saying if it is standard to have the name of the reporter in a newspaper article there's a good chance it is not a secret with tv reporting either. Have you even tried to figure it out? Or do you just prefer to assume it is all dictated by some government official?
    I'm not arguing there's no government or other organisations influencing the media, but just because there's some manipulation and influencing doesn't mean 'the whole media' and every kind of news is untrustworthy. Like with everything you have to use your brain anyway to find out why someone said what they did. If you can do that the news is actually quite informative. Most people are just rather apathic and claim some stupid generalisation to be the truth. Much easier than accepting it is all not that simple as 'media is bad mmkay'.

10. Bud D

Bud D Member

No the media is trustworthy. It's that they seem weak minded most of the time. FOX comes across strong, the major news shows come off strong.

I think,the media can do a lot of good unifying people but also segregating. It's a powerful tool, manipulating people's vulnerability.

11. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

The media is the watchdog set against the government.

The only thing worse than the media we have is no media at all, or one similar to North Korea's.

Learn discretion in your media habits, question it all and use intelligence to sift the wheat from the chaff.
    There are some good media sources if you use them such as Democracy Now, C-Span's live broadcasts, NPR, Fact Check, Politifact, and the live network and cable coverings of speeches and hearings.

1 person likes this.
  12. Bud D

Bud D Member

I like PBS news and it's probably due to being donor supported.

I just get sick of the news a lot. Most of what they air is just sickening. Like having to watch parades all day long going nowhere.

13. Asmodean

Thanks for rewording my point a bit more clearly. Exactly what I was trying to say.

Why do you have to watch that all day?

14. Bud D

Bud D Member

Well I don't have to watch parades all day going nowhere or the news. Just saying it gets a little old supporting the establishment all the time. I feel people can mutually support out of the idea of self preservation. No need for supporting an establishment to do that for you.

15. Asmodean

I agree, but who does that. The media? Are you sure? Individuals? I would say the same counts for individuals who do the exact opposite, out of simpilfied statement thinking, or out of some warped kind of principle or merely because it seems 'the hippie thing to do'. Not all media sucks, not all gubberment sucks, not everyone that is part of the establishment sucks. Sorry man. Would be great if it was this simple huh :p

16. Bud D

Bud D Member

You don't know my personality.

17. Asmodean

Irrelevant as I didn't pretend to know it.

18. Bud D

Bud D Member

You assumed an ass load of data that was not there.

19. Asmodean

I didn't, I gave some examples. Didn't mean to insist you inherent all those traits. Anyway, lets keep it on topic.

20. Bud D

Bud D Member

I didn't say any of those things.