Oily Face Help?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by muttlover, Jul 6, 2013.

1. muttlover

muttlover Member

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for helping me control the oil on my face? I don't really get any pimples from it, I just get shiny. Right now I am just washing it with normal facial cleanser once a day because I heard that overwashing can cause oily skin to become more oily. Also, my skin isn't sensitive, so don't worry about that when making suggestions.

Thanks for any help!

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

eat more vegetables. zinc supplement can help sometimes.

try not to eat a lot of processed food. get some sun

3. VioletJourney

VioletJourney Member

You could carry a cloth with you and dab your face once in a while when you feel it's getting shiny to remove the oil

4. 2freedom

2freedom Guest

hi you need to try a sulfate free soap and an oil moisturizer. this will stop the irritation and the skin will take care of itself. give this system two weeks and you will see a big difference. also change your pillow case 2 times a week.

5. Cavlin

Cavlin Banned

Drink water as much as you can..and use branded expensive creams once..and try to go for a walk daily.It will help you.

6. metime

metime Member

Multani mitti is a kind of mud. It is also called Fuller's earth. Apply a pack of it. Suitable for oily skin only as it absorbs dead cells along with excess oil. Best to apply as mask by making a paste with rose water.

7. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I have a naturally oily complexion, and the thing that has worked best for me is Dr. Bronner's soap. It's an all natural vegetable-based soap. It's good for a lot of things, check it out :).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2019
  8. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

To get rid of the effect of the oil you can buy blotting papers in the cosmetics area in stores, tiny and expensive, but recently I saw a hints page in my email that said you could use coffee filters to blot the oil away. Not sure if that would be cheaper but it might be easier to stuff one of them in your pocket then a cloth.
    Most people with skin issues have something in their diet causing it. Not sure about you but I know many who said as teens they had lots of oil and also zits but they remember eating a lot of chips and pop type stuff back then. If there is anything like that then stop for a while and see if it helps. You need to give it a while tho because the body doesn't always rid itself really fast of these things. Some people find results could be 6 weeks to a couple months.

9. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

The oil-based moisturizer can be a good idea.

If overwashing is your problem or too strong a cleaner using a light oil moisturizer is what you need. Washing constantly puts your oil production into over gear. A bit of oil can balance out what the skin needs. It might seem counterintuitive to fight oil with oil but it makes sense once you think about it.

Also remember that what ever you try, try and stick with it for about a month. That's usually how long skin/scalp takes to recover and to see positive effects. This goes for any skin/scalp product regimen.

Some people use olive oil and such. There's a ton of great recipes out there.

(a year ago, necro. Ah well. I'm just wasting my advice everywhere today!!!)

10. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

With anything, try it for at least a month or more unless you see bad results like a reaction. Most people who say herbs and natural meds don't work are those who gave it a week or two, some do find no results because we are all different in our response to many things but to say it didn't work after a week or two is not giving yourself a chance to find something that could do wonders.
    I know this because the first natural med I tried didn't work. I put it on the back of my sink and in desperation one day I tried it again and it did wonders. Funny thing is I was taking it wrong, didn't hear the guy tell me how to use it. The response was quick for this one but the point is you need to take stuff as told and give it a chance. My reaction was prit near life saving and since then I have trusted most of the things I have tried because I research them first and then try them out. Natural above all chemical for me now and I don't suffer the chemical reactions over the fix anymore.

11. nedahardy

nedahardy Member

hello for me first of all reduce stress that's the one problem then eat lots of vegetables and drink more fluids a day at least 8 glasses and also used a moisturizer.

12. Lily89

Lily89 Members

As far as I know any skin needs to be moisturized. If you'll find a proper moisturizer your skin won't be so oily anymore.

13. MiriMe

MiriMe Members

I think blotting papers are your best bet. If you wear makeup use a setting powder and have a little compact powder in your bag so you can top up throughout the day.

14. YASH2189

YASH2189 A tech-freak!

Avoid greasy food,dairy products,carbs.Use sun protection. Exfoliate twice a week,use a light face moisturizer,oil-free cosmetics.

15. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Stand By For The Spam.....:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

16. KarinaLove

KarinaLove Members

I also have oily skin on my face. Couple of years ago my dermatologist told me about Uriage products, since then never used anything else. Good luck hopefully it's was helpful ))

17. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Drink lots of water, try to avoid touching your face, don't wear makeup!!!
    And I find Dr. Bronner's helps my oily skin.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

your face is oily

19. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I use 3-in-1 body wash/shampoo/conditioner on my face 2 times a day (when I shower after the my workouts) and it works ok. There are special products you can find, like a loofa sponge to exfoliate or special soaps that really dry you out, but I find that standard routine maintenance is all it takes for my skin.