Fast and furious movie series

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Fueled by Coffee, Jun 29, 2013.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

How did such a successful movie series originate from such a horribly shitty movie? The first fast and the furious movie was the only one I ever saw and I fucking hated it. The way the gang hijacked the 18 wheeler trucks with harpoon guns was campy as hell, as well as physically impossible. The acting was terrible. The story was a mess. The cars the movie glamorized were shitty little rice buckets. And to make things worse, they totaled the only cool car in the whole movie: Vin Diesel's black Dodge Challenger.

I'd say the worse legacy those movies left behind was making riced-out economy cars a fad for idiot high school aged kids. Who wasted their parents' money to buy ugly body kits, coffee can tail pipes, and wings for their shitty little civics.

Fast forward to present day: ricers are no longer cool, yet the movie keeps puking out more sequels. My friends say the newer ones don't involve ricers anymore. But that doesn't convince me to watch these new ones, unless I can be convinced otherwise.

The first movie was like puke on a pile of shit. How did it make so many sequels?

2. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Advertising campaigns that convince the general public that its cool. Sheeple do what the boob tube tells them to do

3. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

No idea. I have not even seen the first movie. I remember an episode of Family Guy making fun of it through homosexuality and more than fifty horrible sequels.

I suppose there are more idiotic people in the world who would rather see a stupid testosterone filled film than anything meaningful that could expand their worldview and perceptions of the world.

4. odonII

odonII O

It made money.

Budget $38 million
    Box office $207,283,925

Budget $76 million
    Box office $236,350,661

Budget $85 million (est.)
    Box office $158,468,292

Budget $85 million
    Box office $363,164,265

Budget $125 million
    Box office $626.1 million

Budget $160 million
    Box office $668.4 million

Series...
    Budget $569,000,000
    Box office $2,228,198,818

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the average person wants to spend their money to watch puke on a pile of shit.

6. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

The story was fairly horrendous and nonsensical to the first one; but it was still an enjoyable film, with some really awesome parts. (Then again, I was in junior high and haven't seen it since)

The second one was horrid, but had one of the coolest races I've seen in a movie (it's a relay drag race, and he wins it by playing chicken)

After that, they just seem to get more off the wall and ridiculous.

The thing that gets me; I'm all for escapism; but there are just so many better ways to do it. Hell, you can play Need for Speed games and get a taste of the action yourself.

7. yahoohippegm

yahoohippegm Member

The movies are pure fun...

:2thumbsup:

8. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

If by pure fun you mean does not need a brain.

9. yahoohippegm

yahoohippegm Member

Yup, sometimes my brain needs to shut off.

:2thumbsup:

10. aemojohn258

aemojohn258 Guest

I didn't like the last part of this movie., I don't know, Its just good one time watch.

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I cant really remember the first two, dont think I've ever seem 3, cant really remember 4 for that matter.

But I thought 5 was a pretty awesome movie.

And 6 got a little too Bourne Identity, but thought the modified F1 car was pretty cool, overall was a good movie

12. Shale

Shale ~

I never bothered watching any of them. Drag racing in the streets here in Miami kills too many innocents by hit and run sociopaths. (Last week a boy was killed by such).

However, since Paul Walker died in a fiery crash, I ventured to pick up Fast 5 in a used video store. It wasn't so bad. In fact they say that movie made the turn from just action racing to an actual story. I just got Fast 6 and plan to watch it soon. Saw parts of it a couple weeks ago on a cruise ship as it was one of the movies repeat playing on ship TV.

I also got a Paul Walker Jessica Alba flick - Into the Blue, which was OK.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I thought the first two were terrible movies and so I have not watched the others and have no desire to at all.

I know this much, they're no days of thunder.

14. Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy Zen & Bearded

Now that was a good movie.

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

I want you to go back out on that track and hit the pace car.
    why?
    you hit everything else.. ahahahha

16. Shale

Shale ~

Since last post I have watched Fast & Furious 6, which the stunts were way over the top.

I have since watched the original The Fast and The Furious, which I really liked and the stunts were more believable.

Also, Paul Walker was so cute with his curly blond hair that they even put that in the dialogue with one of the tuf guys implying he was gay. (we wish). Ironically, for a guy who knew very little of Paul Walker while he was alive, I now miss him after his death. I will probably be getting Fast 2, which looks like he was the main star.

[​IMG]

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lol, so it wasnt till after you realised how hot he was that youve started to miss him

18. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Just purchased Furious 7 on DVD and it was absolutely fantastic.

High energy, high octane fun with Vin Diesel as Dominic Toretto and Paul Walker (in his last movie) as Brian O’Conner.
    Jason Stathan who played Deckard Shaw really stole the show

Hotwater

19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Different folks, different strokes. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is complete shit. It just means you don't like it. In this case it sounds like you don't like the cars/tuning in it and how that gained (temporarily) popularity after this movie franchise and you have let that affect your judgement on the movies.

It's like seeing theprodu talk about hiphop.

That being said: I'm not a fan of this series at all neither :D

20. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

"The Fate of the Furious"

My wife and I saw it last weekend. Awesome movie. They're ba-a-a-a-ck!" Tricked out wicked cars.

Too many spoilers to give review on.

I'll only say I'd see it again and the door is wide open for FaF9!