Need some help with meth use.

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by Impending Confusion, Jun 27, 2013.

1. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think you should seek some San Pedro Cacti and try a mescaline trip. It's generally a very loving and forgiving experience but is cleansing and can be a good plant teacher at the same time. It has helped me before when I was abusing drugs.

2. My names Cory

My names Cory Senior Member

I recommend quitting for good man... but hey, YOLO! :sunny:

3. dmob12

dmob12 Member

the real bad part is that my job allows me to be able to afford my habit and I imagine I could pick up another if I wanted to... I will say however, since I started doing meth I quit drinking and doing pills altogether...

4. Impending Confusion

Impending Confusion Member

UPDATE

I stopped doing meth, but I still tried to get as fucked up as possible as often as possible, with whatever I could get my hands on (usually Methaqualone or alcohol and weed). I think at the time I was telling myself that drugs were simply my hobby. It was my way to have fun. I didn't feel guilty or bad in any way for using them - at least I wasn't doing meth. I was proving everyone wrong - meth wasn't as addictive as they all said. I felt proud of myself for being able to just stop. Since stopping was relatively easy, I obviously assumed I wasn't addicted.

I thought about meth a lot while I wasn't using it. When I got depressed, or when I was really lonely while studying and living alone, I was telling myself that my life would be so much better if I was doing meth. Convinced myself that meth just might be the solution to all my problems. Honestly, even after only using meth 15-20 ish times, for some reason I couldn't just forget about it and move on. Whenever I got tempted to go buy some, I just brushed it off and distracted myself.

I haven't made any significant improvements or progress in my life since the first post. If I was using meth, it would have been blamed on it for sure. I don't blame the other drugs either, though. I simply had no motivation to try and better myself. I didn't really care about myself or my future at the time; but I still didn't touch meth.

Two days ago, out of nowhere, I bought a bag. The best part of the entire experience was the excitement I felt before I actually used it. After my first hit, I felt an overwhelming sense of relief. After that, all I could think about was my next hit. Being high wasn't all that great, but hitting the pipe felt amazing. While I still had some left in the baggie, I kept stressing about when it would run out. I didn't want it to ever run out.

In the last two years, I've learned a lot about myself. I'm not the type of person to do something once a week - that way I'd just be wishing the week was over so I could do it again. If I was to continue doing meth, I'd definitely be doing it every day - and I'd be pissed if I couldn't. I'm also not the type of person to use it before going out. I'd rather just sit in a confined room and keep smoking. While just sitting there and focusing on nothing other than my pipe, I'd feel completely content.

Since I'd accomplished pretty much nothing over the last few years, even though I wasn't doing meth, I can't even imagine where I would be right now if I hadn't decided to stop using it in the first place.

I'm at a point in my life where I actually want to accomplish something. I want to be able to be happy and enjoy myself even if I'm completely sober.

I've somewhat gotten to know myself in the last few years. I know that If I continue using meth, it will be the only source of enjoyment I'll care about. Anything else will be vastly inferior. I could completely see myself stealing to get more meth. In my mind, after using every day for a while, there would be no other possible way of feeling content - and if there was, there's no way it could be as easy as smoking a crystal.

I never completely believed that it could be as addictive as people said. After using the first 15-20 times, I still didn't believe it was that addictive.

After using this time, I don't feel 'invincible' anymore. I realized I could get addicted just as easily as any junkie - and if I don't stop RIGHT NOW, I'll be selling my car in no time.

I'm glad I could see the power of meth before it was too late. It is so easy to underestimate this drug.

I guess I've been addicted this whole time, even though I wasn't using at all. I was constantly thinking about it - that should be enough to call it an addiction.

I've had quite a bit of fun with meth, but once again, it's time to say goodbye. This time, though, I won't be visiting again. It's simply not worth it.

5. Impending Confusion

Impending Confusion Member

You were right. The addiction was there, but I couldn't see it at the time. Stopped using, stayed away for over two years. Used again two days ago - that was the last time I will ever touch the stuff. For some reason, I opened my eyes. I truly do not want to use again. If I can stay away for over two years, I can stay away forever.

6. Triptronic

Triptronic Member

I started shooting meth at 19. I was able to get my hands on about 7gr at one point. I literally kept shooting it day after day. My longest run was 2 WEEks without sleep or food. I went into a drug induced psychosis. Visual and audible hallucinations. Went nuts. Deteriorated my body. Shit is horrible. Never again.

LyzGa and Triptronic like this.
  7. Dub-Zero

Dub-Zero Members

Dude after 14 years of on/off meth use, the only suggestion I have is to find stuff that makes you happy when it's NOT around. Surround yourself with people you like who don't do it... It makes it super easy to not think about it, or not want it, especially if you're a social partier...

I learned this inadvertently by going to a church camp I didn't originally want to go to. Turned out to be one of the funnest most awesome experiences of my life...

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I was gonna make a snarky funny response but instead I will be serious.
    Get a hobby that you enjoy doing. Whenever you get an urge get back to that hobby.