Need some help with meth use.

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by Impending Confusion, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Impending Confusion

Impending Confusion Member

I have done meth about 15 times in the past, but never used more than 0.4 grams without coming down.

About 2 months ago I realized I was enjoying my speed a little too much, and decided to stop for a while. I've still not used since then.
    I've even rejected several freebies in the past two months.

I'm incredibly tempted to buy a gram and smoke it. I'm not completely addicted, but I'm afraid of becoming addicted, and from what I've read it happens very easily and without warning.
    I don't want to depend on a substance to be happy.

In the past 2 months I didn't have any cravings up until yesterday, which I find weird.

I'm considering setting a once-every-month limit for myself. At this point I'm very sure I could stick to that limit, but then again, I suppose all speed addicts thought they could control it in early addiction.

I know it's possible to control it, but I don't know if I'll be able to. I just don't know.

I think it's weird that I barely even touched the thought of meth over the past 2 months, and all of a sudden, starting yesterday, I really want some.

I don't know what to do. I don't know if I'm just trying to convince myself that using again is okay.

I own a car, and I don't want to end up selling it for meth in a few years, like I have seen people do.

Sorry for the ranting. All replies will be appreciated!
    I just need some advice.

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

idk, I think you're gonna do what you're gonna do and you may or may not get addicted. people are different but they have patterns too but I don't know too much about meth addiction personally...other things but neways, I think if you're not sure and asking for advice, just don't do it today and think about it and why you want to and why you stopped in the first place and all that and just decide to decide later.
    (that does actually work sometimes... sometimes for a lil and sometimes for a while...)

3. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

my advice is "dont do it"

4. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

Many, many people have fooled themselves into believing they could limit their usage to "once a month", or "just on weekends". That's how it starts, and before you know it you're toothless, broke and in jail. Find another drug. That shit is just as bad or worse than crack.

5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Meth will ultimately kill you if it wins. Stay away.

6. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

I see nothing good coming out of this. Don't do it. If it is calling you then you are hooked and don't realize it.

7. Pokerguy

Pokerguy Member

Sounds like deep-down, you know the right answer.
    Man up!

8. ZenStateOfMind

ZenStateOfMind Member

To be safe you should just quit while your ahead but im sure you know that and dont need me telling you.
    I've never tried methamphetamine but i use to use street ampethamine lots.
    Now like you i was always able to go out and buy in small amounts and "limit" myself. I have always done this with every substance and have never felt addiction creep in.
    Until i went down the road of opiates and now im stuggling with addiction.
    So even though right now it seems all is good and you wont get addicted if you like it alot you and I both know you will.
    Stay safe my friend quit while your ahead and life with be much much easier!

Peace&Love

9. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

Yeah I think the only right answer to this question is just don't do it. The fact that you're struggling with the idea enough to come on here and ask for help is a big enough indicator that you're at risk for developing a problem, and the only real way to avoid that risk is to stop now while you have the physical and mental capacities to do so.

10. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

That shit is bad news no matter how you try and spin it. Stay away if not for yourself, then for your family and love ones.

11. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Nobody plans to be an addict.

12. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

my 2 cents on the subject, probably not too different from anyone else's opinion.

you've already taken the bait and the hook, now it's reeling you in.

if you fight it well enough, you might be able to break free.

don't kid yourself with the "just once a month" bullshit. meth hell is calling for you.

hope that everything works out

13. happydude_60

I don't believe that drugs like meth and crack evolved as recreational drugs. Maybe meth did to a certain extent, but they kind of exploded on to the scene out of nowhere. I believe there was an agenda behind it. Maybe to keep certain people in society down, or maybe to generate a clandestine source of income for certain government agencies, or both. Maybe they didn't foresee the extent of the damage that it would cause, or maybe they did, it's hard to say. But anyway, don't fall into that trap. Stay away from it.

14. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Crack definitely was created to me an addicting drug by the CIA. The problem is coke does this very well, but it's so expensive people in inner-city's can not afford it. The steps to turn coke to crack are basic and easy, it's not like the CIA made a scientific breakthrough. But through their drug distribution network they put the idea out there.

Meth is just one chemical in the amphetamine class. Adderal is another but it is considered medicine. Although as someone who had to take ADD meds like that, I'd say it's meth. I had a lot of side effects of meth use while on them, and because I was a young kid I did not understand that the pill the doctor said I should take could cause them.

15. dmob12

dmob12 Member

This is true, I started off last year with "once in a while" then it was "on weekends" and now it's "every day". Wait, no, every day no quotations.

Though I am a quite functioning addict teh fact remains I need my speed man.

16. happydude_60

I hope it turns out well for you.

17. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

So, has the OP been back? I'm curious what he decided to do...

the weird thing is... I remember writing very similar things about opiates when I had been using for a month or so... it was right before the downfall- meaning I wasn't really physically hooked at that point but mentally I think it was already too late for me and me personally, I didn't want to stop at that point. (even though a part of me thought I did,- at that level the excitement outweighs the bad)... For me I had to get really dope sick to want to stop... and then I had to go through it again and again before I finally stopped (hopefully, because you can never be too arrogant w these things) for good.. but yeah, it's been over a year... since I've been off suboxone too.
    I'm not saying that at the point the OP seemed to be posting from it IS too late.. but at that point the addiction is already in the brain but the negative consequences usually haven't been/aren't strong enough for the person to truly want to stop enough...

So, good luck. Because I have read books on meth addiction and apparently it is very hard to treat. There isn't a ton of meth around here I live... around here if you go to a rehab it's all alcohol, crack and dope but anyways.. I have read a lot of rehabs don't even accept meth addicts because the addiction is notorious for being hard to treat... read some books, including one this dad wrote about his son and it was just tragic..
    at least w heroin there is methadone and suboxone and all to make it easier to treat...
    but anyways, good luck ....

18. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Just curious... because I really don't know- but the functioning part... how long do you think you can keep that up with meth and daily use?
    The most I was able to use h every day while still functioning was for a year and then it became too expensive and no way I could do other things and still get enough cash..
    so I had to stop all times at that point...
    but I wouldn't think you could function for much more than a year...

19. dmob12

dmob12 Member

Well, I'm not exactly sure how long I can go but I think I could go at least 3 years like this. Not that I want to do that, but my current occupation is such that I can work with it.

20. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

yea... I functioned really well with my d.o.c (could do normal things, ppl I didn't want to know I was using, didn't know, etc)- but money wise I couldn't keep that up any longer so therefore it wasn't really functional...
    well, good luck!