Houseplants

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by NatureDude, Jun 14, 2013.

1. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

Who here grows houseplants? What ones do you grow?
    I'm growing Pilea cadierei (aluminium plant), Aglaonema (chinese evergreen), and calatheas & maranta (prayer plants). Prayer plants are irresistibly gorgeous. They're outdoors in the warmer months of the year.

2. glassii

glassii Guest

I'm growing cacti and succulents..various mammalaria, astrophytum, lithops, trichocereus, lophophora..some are seedlings and some grafted onto pereskiopsis and trichocereus, also a dionaea plant, some kanna and a sally.d. I recently found mealy bugs on the roots of many of my plants so i'm repotting everything after removing soil and dunking the roots for a day in an attempt to drown any remaining bugs.
    We could trade some stuff if you're looking to expand your collection

3. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

Well if you're in Australia then I could do something. Australia has very strict quarantine regulations.

4. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I have some jade plants and several Christmas cactus (cacti?). I also have a recently rooted (gift) prayer plant. I LOVE prayer plants.

My mother has some peace lillies...but I won't discuss how greatly I dislike them, due to its toxicity to cats. I have some plans (lol :devil: ) for them...they are outside right now but may come in when it turns cold.

I have a 6' bay tree (as in the spice, bay leaves). It overwinters pitifully, and I may not bring it in this winter. I may just leave it in this somewhat protected area and cover the container the short time it freezes here.