the tyranny

Discussion in 'The Future' started by themnax, Jun 10, 2013.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

of the dominance of aggressiveness, will end. i will not likely be still alive to witness its fall, or even the beginning of it.

i am not here to participate. only to observe.

the rise and fall of nations, ideologies and beliefs, is not my concern.

all things will change in many ways.

my only involvement is that i live in this world.

share some of its laughs and many of its tears.

i believe most people know by now the reality, though many, in positions of power, continue to deny it.

theirs is not the blame alone. though they lead it.

i wasn't born to judge this world. only to observe it.

yet i am not forbidden to share what i observe, by simple honesty and what detachment i am able.

famine and disease will be the price of oil, coal, arrogance toward nature, aggressiveness, even expecting too much from fission.

habitat loss for other creatures because of too many humans, too much clear cutting and the building of wide roads.

it is easy to say greed, because that can always be blamed on someone else, but aggressiveness is what greed is a form of, and tyranny its dominance, whatever excuse of ideology, belief, or affection for the constructs called nations.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

And greed, aggression, tyranny are all forms of fear. (you can add arrogance in there as well) When these things become useless, then we can see that humans have evolved to the next level.

3. NextEvolution

NextEvolution Member

Man's nature is to dominate to fulfill his desires. This is no more based in fear than a moth flying towards the light. In fact, the fear I see most prevalent is people who are afraid to pursue that which they desire. But "natural" doesn't mean "right."

While law mostly prevents domination of one man over another and prevents extreme domination of groups over others (by regulation and anti-trust laws), man still pursues his need for domination through democracy. If we deem the use of dominance as "wrong" then we must judge the tyranny of the majority in a democracy as strictly as that of a single dictator. For a freedom lost is lost the same from either. The founding fathers knew this and attempted to design a constitution to constrain how people could dominate others, but the leviathan grew over years from people who thought they knew better.

OP says he was not put here to judge, but whether you believe in God or evolution, humans were created or bred to think. And with thinking comes judgment. Even a dog can judge a man or another dog as to his fitness to be leader of a pack. For us not to judge the world or others is to deny our greatest asset... our minds. Of course, the OP knows this because his entire post is spent judging the actions of others.

PS. If "habitat loss" is the biggest problem OP mentions, then we should all rest easy.