Are you paranoid like me ?

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by user313, Jun 1, 2013.

1. fundoo

fundoo Members

this

2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Get "Pronoid", the feeling that people are out to help you

Driftrue likes this.
  3. Eric1976

Eric1976 Jedi Knight

I'm paranoid that the government is spying on me. Seriously. I mean how do I know that the car sitting across the street isn't really secret service or the FBI? In fact for all I know they could be listening in via my phone or through Alexa?

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You're not really paranoid if they actually are out to get you...

5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The UK government recently calculated that to monitor CURRENT video activity on youtube alone would require 20 million agents and that was allowing 10 minutes per inquiry. Unless you are a wanted terrorist, leader of a drug smuggling cartel or a serial killer, why on earth would the government waste hours checking up on you???

Before you say you say they could be mistaken, in that one in several million possibility, the sooner that they discover the mistake, the better.

If you are still worried about that car, have a word with the police, it could be someone planning a serious crime against another person living nearby.
    However, that should be a once in a lifetime situation. If you go back again next time a car is parked outside, you will be labeled as a potential nut job.

PS, our daughter is a London police officer and I can assure you that if you were a suspect, surveillance vehicles would not be located where they are obvious to you.
    Someone living further down the road may be the serial killer, so go and offer those guys a cup of tea.

PPS, in 2019 serious surveillance is done using a tiny cameras installed in lamp standards or utilities poles and the suspect never knows that they even exist.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Just like a brutha once told me, just cause you can't see em doesn't mean they ain't out to get you, goodnight.

jimandjan likes this.
  7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i've always been anti-noid. that asshole ruins pizzas.

8. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

It just means HEIGHTENED AWARNESS and in todays world,its good to have it!!!!!!

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

10. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

Mother do you trust the government?
    A life lived in fear is a life unlived.
    Come what may, gonna dance the day away.
    Just a few of my thoughts, but hell yes I'm scared!

Dude111 likes this.
  11. BirdFlu

BirdFlu resident alien

... yikes

12. Once I thought that flies in my house were government controlled robots sent to spy on me.

13. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Paranoia is for people who don't take the time to think.

14. EricForman

EricForman Mellow Fellow & Jedi Knight

Not so much now but I was earlier. I don't know why but when I was driving to my dispensary I was sure there was an unmarked police car behind me. Turned out as usual I was sort of correct. It was a cop car but he wasn't following me the whole way. He turned off so no worries.

15. PGA

PGA Senior Member

Hi everybody who feel that you are paranoid

I read most of your comments. Most of you guys feel something bad and unknown "WILL" happen to you. Just let me know, how many times those bad things happened to you up to now? If nothing happened to you already, so, it will not happen in futures.
    I am not talking about accidents or coincidences, I am talking about your wrong way thoughts. I am not telling that nothing will happen to you, no, maybe something happens, but nothing like you think. If you always waiting for something bad happens to you, it may happen, because you are waiting and willing. When your mind is busy with those negative things there is no more room to think positively.
    Some of you guys suggested doing a lot of things to protect yourself such as keep all windows and doors locked, block the basement windows with bars, have a dog guard the house, keep gun close to you and much other suggestion which managing all of them is impossible. I suggest if you like to manage all of them is better to buy an armored car and never leave it because when you are out of your armored car somebody may hit you.
    Short story, if you like to live comfortably without too much stress, think positively, and accept that you are not able to protect %100 your life. So, look to the other ordinary people live and talk to them about your scary though, I am sure you feel much better and gradually getting to the normal life.

16. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

At times I'm highly paranoid......am I paranoid like you? I doubt it.

17. EricForman

EricForman Mellow Fellow & Jedi Knight

I'm more paranoid while driving. Not quite as bad as in the past but it does produce anxiety. It seems to be more so when the fuzz happens to be behind me. More often than not it is a simple case of coincidence and they often turn off before I reach my destination. My destination is often a local dispensary.

18. wooleeheron

Only the paranoid insist that life must make sense, when nobody has ever documented the existence of common sense anywhere in the world, forty years of extensive studies concluded the republican party is organized like chickens, and one in five Americans insist the sun revolves around the earth, while their teachers debate the meaning of playing nice and sharing your words. Get over it already! Life is as stupid as you decide it has to be!

19. PGA

PGA Senior Member

Let me ask you guys if you thing you are paranoia. Tell me what is the duty of police or FBI or other secret services?
    The answers are very clears. They try to get the people who do illegal jobs , so if they follow you, you should suspicious to illegal action, then you are not paranoia you are suspicious.

20. wooleeheron

One in five Americans insists the sun revolves around the earth, and it is illegal to vote for Mickey Mouse in Maryland. It has become your patriotic duty to vote for whichever clown advertises the most who is not a member of the Mickey Mouse Club. The police in Chicago are now routinely ignoring reports of gunfire for the first hour in the hope of increasing their odds of survival. Meanwhile, a Texas court let a guy go for shooting and killing a hooker, because she tried to steal $200.oo from him, and other courts have begun to compel people to testify against themselves. Paranoia is whatever the lynch mob says it is.