facebook gives me the creeps

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by seaofdreams, May 7, 2013.

1. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

And I hate to say it but I liked myspace better. At least people's pages LOOKED diff and had some personality (even if they did take forever to load sometimes)

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

:rofl: yea for real. ugh.

and another thing about it all- if I remember correctly there were a whole bunch of ppl on there typing about the stupidest shit like everyone is supposed to care what they had for dinner that night or that they were looking to buy new yarn or what time they woke up.. or...blah blah blah...

and the games...Farmville? and the other ones... everyone wanting me to visit their damn farm etc. I really couldn't stand all that.
    the only reason ive thought about re-joining is because I did enjoy being able to share pics of my son w everyone all at once and see the pics of my friends and families kids, etc. and to find out about shows, parties, etc.-events... and to k.i.t. w certain friends of mine from the u.k. and other places not close to me that I can't call too often, etc.

but there was far more I hated about it.

3. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

yeah I really don't wanna see if someone on my friends list *likes* the same blowup doll I'm looking at online.

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

especially if that person is your mom?

or my mom...

5. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I swear my mom was soo into Farmville. id go to her house and she'd be sitting on her laptop telling me when she can harvest her crops... "I gotta check back for my strawberries in one hour and 2 mins"... like, whoa...seriously? have adults reverted to 8 yr olds playing school or doctor?

and on another note- I think id need two diff facebooks. at least. my friends and my family got into more than one argument about language, parties, ppl being a bad influence on me... (my family said stuff like that to a friend or two actually) n my friends said stuff back about them not really knowing me as ... *shakes head* I can't even thinka it. I was like "IM OUTTA HERE" shortly after..

6. Mike Suicide

Lulz!

geez mom i didnt know we had the same interests?

7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Blow up dolls and Farmville? Yeah those are her top two "likes" on there.

8. Mike Suicide

thats one of the reasons why I don't facebook, another is I dont want everybody knowing my business.

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

And thats another thing.

Myspace died basically cos everyone would put too much stuff on thier page back when we were all on dial up. But now we have super duper connection speeds, everyone is still using the same boring looking favebook pages. Its topsy turvy.

10. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

It all ties into facebook trying to make everyone exactly the same. They do that in so many ways.

11. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

Some of my friends keep liking online dating sites and I don't think they realize that everyone else sees that shit. Haha. I've even asked one of my mates about them and he's all "nah nah fuck that" but he's liking the shit on FB.
    As for the concert tickets by Vanilla, yeah I'm like that too. I don't want to run into people from school I never liked and it bothers me when I keep reading "I hate it when someone sees me in the street and they don't say hello" FB status updates because I ignore most people and motherfuck! If I didn't like you at school what fuckin' chance have you 11 years after?

12. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Fakebook Sucks.

13. seaofdreams

seaofdreams Member

wow, you all have described my exact experience with facebook as well. a bunch of petty crap mixed with people with agendas trying to spread their brainwashing. my 60 year old dad would play farmville too and all i could think was seriously? i think even an 8 year old would find it too boring to play. anyways i have had temptations to reactivate my account to make a post but i will NOT give in, as i've noticed my well being has increased greatly since i've stopped using it. and yes, you can delete your account, it's hidden in the help menu and you have to not sign in for 2 weeks before it's deleted.

14. odonII

odonII O

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think people take facebook too seriously. Like whoever posted in this thread about how they get upset because no one likes their statuses....who cares? Facebook should not effect your self esteem and if it does, you need to delete that shit.

16. seaofdreams

seaofdreams Member

well, actually a study just came out which showed 1/3 facebook users actually feels crappy after using it. so although i agree that people should delete it, not take it seriously, it's kind of hard not too. there's also new ideas that exist such as "cyberbullying." it's suggested that our ancestors never lived in communities of more than 150 people, so the idea that you can have 500 friends on facebook is absurd. also according to wikileaks founder, facebook is directly connected to CIA.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72FHJn5Etgo

17. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

thanks so much for including that link..
    I had deactivated long ago but looks like I'll finally be deleted permanently from facebook!
    I always heard being permanently deleted wasn't possible. I feel like I just warped in mario brothers or something..
    something even better than that

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Facebook has made me feel crappy before until I realized two types of people exist on Facebook: people with good lives who make their lives look shitty to get attention and people with shitty lives who make their lives look great.

When I put pictures of my son up I get like 40.or 50 likes but in reality only a couple of true blue friends even still hang out with me now that I have a baby. Facebook is not representative of reality whatsoever.

19. odonII

odonII O

Sorry, but what the hell would he know? Also, he was a computer hacker. Hacking into peoples personal lives.

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Amazon are working on a phone that makes the screen 3D without glasses by retinal recognition, flashes the images very fast and ever so slightly out of sync, every time your eye moves

It would be a very cool thing, but same kind of data protection argument, phone and their servers would have a map of your retina