on the road (soon)

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by Dalamar, Apr 7, 2013.

1. ywarpeace

ywarpeace Ye Old Soul

i dont know what your funds are like but a buddy of mine told me about a laptop called the toshiba satellite, its pretty much a laptop that generates its own internet, it is a tad expensive he said (around $1500) it links up with a sat. that you also pay for each month im not sure how much that is but hey if you got enough i think its worth it.

2. Dalamar

Dalamar Member

I am heading to Arizona in a couple of weeks. Anyone know of good places to go there?

3. oldwolf

oldwolf Waysharing-not moderating Super Moderator

try cochise stronghold above tombstone - Sorens pass. bad road need 4 wd and clearance but if you love to have the desert and the old ones talk to you - they do there.

4. Dalamar

Dalamar Member

Finally after suffering many setbacks and delays mostly for medical reasons I am off. Leaving on the 10th of October. I really wish I had a van but stuck with my car for now. But at least it is in good running condition now and don't think I will have to worry about it breaking down on me.

My first stop is going to be Florida ill probable spend a month or two there before moving out west. I don't know if this is the best choice to start with or not. If I don't like it I guess I can just move on to someplace else.

My hope is that I will be able to save the funds and find a van once I get down south. Can't wait to get on my way again. Wish I never came back here cause I ended up getting stuck in this place for another year.

5. +-Freedom-+

+-Freedom-+ Member

Sending good vibes to ya on your journey!

6. Vincent2012

Vincent2012 Perpetual Smiler

If you have the funds, Dal, come to Quartzsite. For $180 you can camp on BLM land until april, no relocation, access to dump sites, $1 for 5 gallons of water, my friend there said there is a food bank nearby. In January there is gonna be a huge get together for people who live in RVs, vehicles, and even tents, they will be able to help you learn what you need to know, or get you in contact with someone who can.|

I'll be headed there towards the end of the month.