Salvia 10x Not Working?

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by KieranA001, Mar 28, 2013.

1. KieranA001

KieranA001 Member

Hey, I just tried 10x extract by putting a pinch under my tongue but I have experienced no effect. Do I need more?

I held it under for 30mins and all I felt was tiredness :/

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The buccal/sublingual dose is significtantly higher than the smoked dose. You should refer to Erowid to verify but I think it requires somewhere around 300-400 mgs for a 10x extract sublingually administration for a trip. Also, you're supposed to wet the leaves.

3. KieranA001

KieranA001 Member

Fair enough, another thing I would like to ask would be how bad is the trip? I have anxiety and didn't know if it would affect the trip. I have nothing I'm worrying about though apart from the trip itself.

What's the worst you see? Is it like a dream or like real life. I just don't want to see eyeballs everywhere in cartoon form or to feel like I'm in outta space being twisted a billion times lol

Also, I'll be doing this without a sitter and want to know where the best place is to smoke it. Should it be in my bedroom or out in the garden?

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

You seem to be setting yourself up for a rough time with the 'how bad...?' 'What's the worst...?' Type questions. Go in with an open mind about it...

Any anxiety may get exacerbated during and post trip, but the trip comes on so quickly its not really the type of trip where you have much time to analyze it.

The Salvia trip can simultaneously feel like a dream and feel very real, there can be an overwhelming convincingness to the trip and it can play out sort of like a dream sequence.

There is a limitless amount of things you may see and the hallucinations are difficult to relate through text. Visuals can range from cartoony to very machine-like, seemingly more organic to artificial.

Best place to smoke it is in a comfortable location where you can lay down and not be concerned of running into anything. I have found outside around dusk to be an optimal location but a bedroom works as well.

5. KieranA001

KieranA001 Member

Salvia is weird, I just took a toke in the garden, didn't feel much so I took another toke and then I felt my heart racing. Next, I looked at the cigarette and it was burning super fast and I blacked out. I then remember getting up from the seat and throwing the cigarette away.
    I then tried to stand up and walk which I did, although I did feel like I was being pulled to the right from where I was standing. For a min I didn't remember anything. Did I take enough to get the full effect or what?

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Saying that you blacked out sounds like you took too much but perhaps you are unaccustomed to how far out some of these Psychedelics can take you because the description of the effects sounds like a moderate sub- breakthrough dose of Salvia.

A bong is more efficient than like a joint and its important to get your full dose within a minute, so you can't really sit on your hits and try and gauge where you're at. Try to get a couple hits in and hold each hit in for like 10-20 seconds if you want a strong breakthrough dose.

7. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

You did not break through.

You probably will have a hard time breaking through on 10x. I've only partially broken through, and I was using 40x.

Try sitting with nothing to do, no cigarettes, nothing. Close your eyes and don't move, maybe lie down. No music, unless it's somewhat hypnotic or at least calm. I've read classical music is good for this. Dim or dark, but appropriatly feng shui environment. No stupid shit like a tv in the background, or anything.

Apparently you can get a dream/vision-like experience, this way, without breaking through in the normal way. I've never done it. It can be hard to not be hyperactive in a random way when you're on a sub-breakthrough dose.

Otherwise, it's just sort of feeling like ass, with funny gravity.

8. KieranA001

KieranA001 Member

Okay, Will will try again tomorrow but will try more. Is the drug really bad as what people make it out to be, I mean they say you will never even get a good trip, and that they're all bad? :/

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I ve had some amazing trips on Salvia!

It's a bit more inaccesible than say a LSD or shrooms, it comes on with a often jarring intensity and with the short duration it's usually difficult to get acclimated to the trip.

10. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i broke through quite easily (wasn't even necessarily trying or hoping to) on "standardized 10x" salvia. two large bong tokes, one after the other, is all it took.

and what's a partial break through? either it's "broken" or it's not.

with DMT i think i'd say i've gotten close to breaking through but not done it. but then..how would i know what is close if i haven't experienced it?

salvia visuals for me were too bizarre to attempt to describe.

11. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

LOL, spot on.

Worth it though, just for the severely juxtaposed reality

12. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

Go for 100x

13. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I've tripped face on 10x. Two hits from a clean pipe with a torch lighter. 10 min of mind fuck and wonderland

14. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

The world doesn't work quite right.... you forget the laws of physics... I drifted into not quite existing as my own entity, but there was no shattering, total loss of reality, I could have been jerked out of it, I could have sort of talked to someone, had someone been there. I could tell that with just a bit more I would have been somewhere/something else entirely, but I still had a little sober corner, in the back of my mind.

If this makes sense.

I don't think it was a real breakthrough. I know people who have done things like run down the street, while it ripped up behind them, because it was a giant book, blowing closed one page at a time, when they really never left where they started, or had their head fly away like a balloon into a geometric brightly coloured world that did not exist, people who have been totally inanimate objects, and not objects that they have ever seen, or in places that they have ever been, and with the personality and thoughts (or lack thereof, described as more of a dim awareness -- not ego death, but like an ego scramble/error) of that object. I felt a pinch of what they meant, but didn't get there.

I was consciously trying to let go. I think a salvia breakthrough should come with no conscious control of where it goes, essentially. Certainly no sane conscious control. Maybe little or no concept of being on a drug, maybe no concept of being at all. Generally I think there should be no concept of the time before the experience. It's totally involuntary.

15. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

good description roor. you described a salvia breakthrough pretty well.
    although i think i still had a slight concept of my life before that point.

i smoked salvia three times in my life. got the funny gravity, ass feeling twice when i was 17. and unexpectedly brokethrough 7 years later.

16. KieranA001

KieranA001 Member

I cannot honestly say how much I love Salvia! Now I might still be a little floaty when I'm writing this but it really is good stuff, really helps me unwind!

Basically, I just took my last bit of Salvia 10x in a cigarette (prob about 0.5 grams) and I lit that thing up! Took a toke and my heart started racing again, not as much as when I first did it which was good, anyway, I took about 8 tokes on that thing during this time and I felt kinda good!

When I took each toke I held it in for as long as possible and all I felt was a slight feeling of floating away from myself and I kinda felt like I was twisting to the right, I had my hand on the chair and it felt like my hand was twisting in with the chair!

My eyesight was also more colorful, when I say this I mean, curtain things around me looked brighter.

I couldn't care about anything else but how I was feeling, I felt like I didn't have a worry on my mind!

Now, I'm guessing I need a higher toxicity? I was thinking of getting a 20x because I think that might work. Also, can I smoke the 10x on the street before lesson or do you recommend the 5x??

Maybe if I get the 20x next, I might be able to put it under my mouth instead of smoking it, this is so my family don't find out so easily.

17. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

A higher "toxicity"?

No. You need to stop playing with drugs, you're not old enough.

18. KieranA001

KieranA001 Member

Just out of interest, how do you know how old I am? If you must know I'm 18. Why isn't that old enough? :/

And by the way, I'm only using this drug for my social anxiety and depression. And because I want to know more about myself and have a different overview on everything.

19. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

I don't think salvia's the drug for that, could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's not gonna help much. MDMA is your bet for social anxiety, and a variety of other psychedelics can help your depression, although it's possible to compound that problem.

Google it

20. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

Great! Yeah, lets recommend him more damaging drugs. Smh