wearing opposite gender clothing

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by cynthy160, Mar 28, 2013.

1. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

If you're a girl and wear a guy's shirt, the buttons are on the 'wrong' side. A guy's jacket has the zipper handle on the 'wrong' side. Makes it seem like you need to be opposite-handed to use it.

2. odonII

odonII O

Global Elite Zippers

thesis: Male
    antithesis: Female
    unknowing general public argues about it
    result: global elites maximize profit and power

3. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Women are lucky in this regard as they can wear mens clothing and nothing is thought of it. Men do not have the same luxury.

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Not true, if your nads are big enough you can use a push up bra to keep them in line, and no one will think its sissy, cos you've got such huge nads

5. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I was beginning to think that I was so unlucky not to be able to wear something that takes 2 hours and 3 girlfriends to button up, and which leaves me unprotected against the cold, has no pockets, and I can hardly move around in.

Thanks for making me feel better.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

gender based clothing, like gender based a lot of other things, is just insultingly rediculous. i mean this idea, that two people can't wear the same things, because they have something different between their legs.

you know what's weird, is people make each other have to wear cloths to hide their genitalia, and them make them wear different clothing depending on their gender, to advertise it.

humans are just effing insane.

7. swhite30

swhite30 Members

I'm a guy and I love wearing girl clothes at home. Skirts bras anything slutty really.

8. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

The prevalence of fake pockets in female clothing is daft as fuck.

9. NotGayCharlie

NotGayCharlie Banned

Are you aware that gender is a biological construct, and not a social one?

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

depends on how different people use the word. not wishing to step on toes different people disagree on. not my problem being somewhat implicitly implied.

some people use it to mean a endochrin construct distinct from surface morphology. and some do use it as a social construct to distinguish it from biological sex.

so by usage it can be intended any of those different ways, and i'm far past trying to keep up with whom intends which of them.

if someone wants to split haires or heads with each other, count me out of taking sides in that argument.

also, if a social construct is not intended here, how is an inert, non-sentient object, like an article of clothing, even supposed to HAVE a gender?

do garments really HAVE genitalia? i've never found any on mine. sure hope i never do!

also are you aware, that over the past couple of thousand years, which kind of clothing is associated with which gender, has COMPLETELY REVERSED?

that's right. go back more then a thousand years, and MEN WORE THE SKIRTS and women wore the 'trues', or bifurcated garments.

before that, everyone just wore a long shirt, or a diaper. or what they were born in.

11. KarmaRose

KarmaRose Members

I believe that the buttons go back to when "ladies" had servants dress them, the buttons being on the left side made it easier for the women who had to dress them.

I can't tell you where I heard that though.

12. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I often buy plain tshirts in the men's section.
    They are more simple&minimalistic, loose and long enough.
    A lot of us want cheap plain stuff and not cheap cropped thirts that say tgif, squad goals, i love tacos or on fleek.

1 person likes this.
  13. lode

lode Banned

Only if I feel like getting weird.

I had to look up 'On Fleek'.

14. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I hate this. It seems like every girls shirt that looks cute from behind has some shitty saying on it. Especially squad goals. How depressing is it every time I see some chick walking around alone with a shirt that says "squad goals."

15. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Men's clothing doesn't curve enough in the right places for me.

16. lode

lode Banned

You know what sucks about mens fashion? There's no good professional attire for men that's appropriate for summers here.

Oh look, wool blazers are fashionable. It's 105...

1 person likes this.
  17. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The struggle is real.

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

that's odd. my shirts have pockets, buttons, and don't say anything on them.
    male or female, if you're going to advertise for some sports teem or corporate interest, they need to be paying you to do so.

saying something intelligent to make you think is another matter, but even then, shirts don't need words on them.

19. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

Fortunately, men can still wear frilly pink knickers, garter belt and stockings, under their bespoke Saville Row suit (pronounced by boarding school Brits as (seeyoot)