Uncertain Future

Discussion in 'The Future' started by BlissRainbow, Mar 21, 2013.

1. BlissRainbow

BlissRainbow Member

This seemed like the perfect place for this.~

I am struggling with something, and don't worry about my limits I have no limits only what I do and how I feel, I just found out that I don't qualify for the Peace Corps apparently farming is all about making money in the Peace Corps and that's not what I'm signing up for so I don't qualify for anything else. I'm really at a cross-roads here, I want to get into the Peace Corps but I ether need to go back to college school and get my Bachoaler's what will take 2 years (I already have my Associates), get a year of expierece in the AmeriCorps or something else official for the Peace Corps, or just say fuck it and pack-up and start backpacking journey, but I don't want my degree to go the waste, but I'm sick of waiting, I feel like a man whose world has been ripped open and apart and everything is just going everywhere.~

The bottem line, I want training to live on my own before doing it, and I want to see this world, I want to travel cross-country on America, I want to sail the sea on a boat, and I want to grow and climb among the forests of the amazon and other rainforests.~ I want freedom, I want ADVENTURE, and I WANTO BE MYSELF!~

I have absopositivelfuckinglutely no idea what to do.~

I spent almost half my life with the goal of getting into the Peace Corps.

I'm scared.

2. BlissRainbow

BlissRainbow Member

My future seems uncertain, but that's okay.~ That's part of life right?~
    I think I will go into the AmeriCorps to get the expierence I need and then go into the PeaceCorps, hopefully I'll have enough expierence by then to live on my own without being infantilized by our "civilized" society and green pieces of paper.~ :)

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Everybody's future is uncertain... Not to belittle your situation, but it is true.

4. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

you cant predict the future , you can only set goals for yourself

5. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Pack a backpack, hop a freight train?

Or, join americorps. They pay you money, and pay your way around, while you do cool shit.

6. BlissRainbow

BlissRainbow Member

Thanks everyone!~ ^_^

7. DroopySnoopy

DroopySnoopy The ORIGINAL Dr. Droop

Americorps actually sounds like a good suggestion, imo. Good luck with whatever you decide!

8. BlissRainbow

BlissRainbow Member

Thanks!~ ^_^

9. driftwood_74

driftwood_74 Level 88

My advice would be to go back to school and get your degree, join the peace corps, and then backpack the world.

10. BlissRainbow

BlissRainbow Member

Unfourchantly, as much I am committed to getting into the Peace Corps, I refuse to wait another 2 years to get my Bachoaler's degree, fourchantly I can qualify with my AA in any subject along with 1 year's worth of expierence in working with at-risk youths, the fact that AmeriCorps will give me a literally "solid" year of working with at-risk youths, the fact that it is "official", and the fact that the AmeriCorps is considered the domestic version of the Peace Corps will help boost my chances GREATLY than otherwise, plus I'll get to get to work right away and travel immediately.~

Something important to note, I can't AFFORD to go back to college at a University and it's not likely I'm going to get a job anytime soon considering I've tried nearly everything to get one in two different states in the last 3 YEARS.~

11. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

School's fun, just take classes in something you like.

Money's another issue, obviously, but school shouldn't be about waiting, as you put it. It should be almost psychedelic. If not, you're studying the wrong stuff and meeting the wrong people, and/or at the wrong school.

12. BlissRainbow

BlissRainbow Member

Thanks, RooRshack.~ ^_O

But I think I'll try to the AmeriCoprs for now, thanks!~

^_^

Love,

~Bliss