How many countries have you visited?

Discussion in 'Travel Polls' started by Just_a_woman, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

it doesn't have to cost piles of dough.
    your goal is to visit at least one?

check out hostel websites, i've had excellent luck with hostelworld.com , everything from a tiny private room in paris for $40 a night to dorm rooms in England for about $10 including coffee and donuts in the morning.
    if you're adventurous and willing to rough it, you can travel very cheap in this world.

Si69 likes this.
  2. celebrating

celebrating Member

Interesting thread!

USA, Chile, Argentina, Paraguay, Brazil, Italy, , France, England
    Canada, India, Spain, Mexico.

3. ScrubPuppy

ScrubPuppy Member

Canada, Spain, Denmark, Germany and France.

4. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

16!

England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Jersey, Italy & Sicily, Canada, US, France, Turkey, St Lucia, Cuba, Spain, Portugal, Cyprus, Germany.

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

6. Just_a_woman

Just_a_woman Member

If you can save for the air ticket... all the rest costs less. Good lucky in realizing your goal!!! And do let us know!

7. Just_a_woman

Just_a_woman Member

And, forget not, one can even sleep at airports...

A long time ago, while traveling in Europe, I'd sleep in trains. And while traveling in the Pacific, I always sleep at least one night at an airport. Last time I've been to the Pacific, I've slept 3 nights at Fiji airport!

And on a recent trip to Sri Lanka, I've slept one night at the airport in Qatar.

I take a small mattress with me. The mattress costs only 3 euros and weights nothing (well, barely anything). Cheap night!

I can afford good hotels, but I started my traveling life roughing it up with very little money at the time and I can't resist doing it again, even when money isn't an issue. I find one meets more people and one learns a lot about lots of things, like taking time to live off a minimum, putting things into perspective.

Traveling is a lot more than reaching a destination. It's really about diving into oneself. I "dive" better when I strip myself of most of the excess layers. :)

Thank you all so much for contributing to this thread. I love to come back here. Keep posting, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

like most americans.

i've been to mexico but that doesn't really count.

9. Just_a_woman

Just_a_woman Member

I'm curious: why would Mexico not count? I've been there and I count it. :)

10. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

11. yahoohippegm

yahoohippegm Member

One for me...

:2thumbsup:

12. buzzgunner

buzzgunner 180 grains of diplomacy Lifetime Supporter

Fifteen:

• Seven in North-Central America (USA, Canada, Mexico, Belize, Honduras, Bahamas, Netherlands Antilles),
    • One in Asia (Japan),
    • Seven in Europe (Scotland, England, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Italy).
    Bahamas and Netherlands Antilles were nice, but Scotland was my favorite, followed by Germany.

13. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

8 and counting, my family on my Dad's side has competitions. My Dad holds the record with 106, but considering I'm only 19, not too far behind! I've also been places he hasn't yet

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

just 2

Canada and US

I wasnt impressed much and dont plan on leaving Canada again

15. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Just mine, to about half the states. I'm hoping to change that in the next five years. New MC next year will take me all over North/South America.
    Hoping to venture on to others in the near future.

16. Janemore

Janemore Banned HipForums Supporter

Around 20, I haven't really ever kept count, still have lots more on the list to check out.

17. jen1976

jen1976 Member

Hong Kong, Turkey, Italy, Spain, Venezuela, Monaco.

18. Rocket73

Rocket73 Senior Member

Lots, I was an international truck driver for over 40 years, so been to most country's in West and eastern europe, also america, sweden, South Africa lots of times, united Arab Emirates, there are 4 countries I can visit in one day, england, ireland, Scotland and wales,

19. maineiac

maineiac Members

Outside the US 8, I grew up as a military brat so I have lived in Germany for 4 years and we took trips to surrounding countries.

Canada, my grandparents in Maine could see Campobello island out their kitchen window and we made a lot of trips to New Brunswick.

During our time in Germany we went to Austria, Switzerland, France, Netherlands and England.
    I wanted to go to Legoland but we never made it to Denmark.

20. Si69

Si69 Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

my quota is around 40 countries and I've slept in a myriad if places ....yes I agree that if you travel simply and amongst the people if the country you visit you get far more knowledge about the place and have a lot more experiences.....or all sorts....haha.

Since I started most of my travels in third world countries you soon come to realise what is important, what you really need and what you can do without.

Simon :)