Anyone Have Any Experience with SBA/SCORE?

Discussion in 'Hip Business Network' started by ezm8, Mar 13, 2013.

1. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Seems like they have a pretty good reputation, but any comments?

I think that SCORE members are obligated to not do any personal business networking with anyone that they council, but does that suggest then that some folks might try to do this or otherwise have ulterior motives?

4 people like this.
  2. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

3. usedtobehoney

usedtobehoney Senior Member

I have talked very briefly with someone at score...I applied for a mentorship but found it hard to actually get a meeting and also, didn't really find anyone in my field in my area so, I know I should try harder and communicate with them. I have heard really good things from other people about SCORE.

I would guess that if you mentor someone in your field and you like their ideas it would be difficult to not want to be involved, if you have the time to do so, so I can understand why there would be an issue of that happening. I think there was a time before I ever contacted them that I was paranoid about sharing my ideas, but it's not that easy to steal someone else's business, so I am not worried about that any longer.