Amish Men Charged After Dead Dogs Found

Discussion in 'Animal Advocates Support' started by Zevonista, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Zevonista

Zevonista Guest

“In the Amish it’s acceptable to put dogs down... shoot, shovel, and shut up.”

• Two Amish men from Wayne County NY are accused of killing a litter of healthy puppies and their mother...Merlin Schumacher who owns the dogs says he was trying to breed Australian Red Heelers, but when he couldn’t sell the dogs and they became “too big” he asked an employee to shoot them.

Another story about the abuse that occurs because of puppy mills. Sick.

2. Oreocookiemadness

Oreocookiemadness Member

No surprise whatsoever. Upstate NY is known for its assortment of Amish and Mennonite puppy mills. Check out www.MPNNOW.com and read about the dipshits in Gorham, NY who have been trying to open up a breeding facility. I guess the town governement finally decided that they can have 50 dogs at any given time, but an way you look at it, it's going to end up as a disaster. If they're breeding dogs as a business, the public should be permitted to inspect these facilities at will. That will never happen because dog breeding in upstate NY is a very behind-closed-doors dirty secret. Anyone responding to pet ads in NY with a (315) area code or any newspaper ads marked with No Sunday Calls is probably dealing with Amish/Mennonite breeders. Avoid them at all costs, along with anyone who insists on meeting you somewhere to bring you a puppy. You should be permitted to see the sire and dam and the enviroment in which any puppy was raised, and if people aren't willing to do this, it's an immediate red flag.

ADOPT, ADOPT, ADOPT!!

3. Zevonista

Zevonista Guest

In 2010, an Amish dog breeder in Romulus, NY, not far from where Schmucker and Eicher were arrested, admitted to killing 93 dogs by connecting an exhaust hose to an airtight chamber he built. This mass-execution of dogs was performed after inspectors ordered the breeder to treat his dogs for Brucellosis after tests showed that some of the animals had the contagious disease. He only fined $300.00, or a little more than three bucks per dead dog.

4. indydude

indydude Senior Member

Ive heard some Amish and Mennonite people run big puppy mills. They could have easily gave the dogs away but like most business minded people they dont give stuff away they'd rather destroy or throw it away so the market isnt effected. Its wrong and greedy. Boycott those puppy mills!

5. Zevonista

Zevonista Guest

Galen dog death cases adjourned

• Two Amish men charged last month with the shooting death of nine dogs in December appeared in town court Wednesday night.

Merlin Schmucker, 26, of 849 Burch Road, Galen, and Jonathan Eicher, 19, of 828 Gansz Road, Lyons, had their cases adjourned until March 6 to give them time to retain attorneys. Both remain free on their own recognizance.

Big puppy mills run by Amish and Mennonites are a common problem in upstate NY

6. Oreocookiemadness

Oreocookiemadness Member

Neither of what you've both posted surprises me.

The Amish and Mennonites think of their animals as property as well as a meal-ticket.

7. windy

windy Member

I live in a small town in Southern Ontario. We have an Amish community close by. The authorities have been called numerous times about the way they treat their animals.

8. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I used to know an Amish stoner. He was upset a lot because of how his family treated their animals. When I was 16 we got completely baked together late one night he devised this whole complex plan on how we were going to sell all the horses to loving families and use the money to run away.

He was a cool kid, I wonder whatever happened to him

9. indydude

indydude Senior Member

The guy from 'Amish Wars'?!