The Book Nook

Discussion in 'Church of the Good Earth' started by shameless_heifer, Feb 1, 2013.

1. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

This will be the place where we talk about our Book. I hope to see a lot of posts in here. It's an important contribution. We lived it, we should write iit from the inside looking out, not the outsiders looking in.

They say: Write what you know,. Well we know about what we know about and should be the ones to wite it in our own style.

Make yourself at home and share.:daisy:

2. Scorpio Kenny

Scorpio Kenny Church of the Good Earth - ArchBishop

With regard to the topic of the Quote Book UnQuote.

I need to quell the continuous rumors that we are doing a book about the Church of the Good Earth. And that somehow it is some kind of a Good Earth project. Or even that it is a project that is somehow under the control of Good Earth.
    Neither one is true.

There is a project that I had started. (Note here: A big part of what I do for a living is Laying Out books. Book Production. Also, I have the software for doing that.) What we currently have. We have roughly 100 pages in lay out. What is probably 160 to 200 in regular typed document pages. Like typed in Word®.

Topic:
    It is Haight-Ashbury centric. But includes other places. Like where people where coming from and there deal before they arrived in the Haight. Some even tell of their journey.

The theme of the book project is the 60s and early 70s, the entire Hippie scene, San Francisco, Haight-Ashbury, and some other places, nooks, and crannies.

The whole thing is about a collective of contributors to the project.

Its a big collection of short stories. Its all about everybody's ADVENTURES. You can make up a pen name, be anonymous, or use your Hippie name, or your real name.
    The book is Nonfiction, except for the stories the contain stuff that is illegal, which we claim are fictional.

Cakes has written the most. It is A For Money project. Her cut of the booty will be the percentage of what her final page count is. Me too. Ranger too. You too.

Everybody thinks of the 60s and the hippie scene in the Haight as super wild and wonderful times. That's what we are selling to the public. Sex, Romance, Drugs, High times on the High Seas, Fun, Excitement, Tales of daring DO. Swashbuckling, Fare Maidens, Bar room dance hall gals from the old west saloons, Flower children, Bikers, Free Love, going to the clinic, all of the good times and all of the bad times, the ups the downs. The real truth.

I forgot to mention Rock 'n' Roll. I guess that I was focus too much on the sex and the drugs, back then. LOL

3. Scorpio Kenny

Scorpio Kenny Church of the Good Earth - ArchBishop

If you want to, you too can tell some tall tales of yesteryear.

WE don't post them here in public. Ask for my e-mail address.

That one is for you to decide. To write or not to write, that is the question.

4. Kendy_Sen

Kendy_Sen Guest