Will the cops be tracking me?

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by vivalalife, Jan 29, 2013.

1. vivalalife

vivalalife Member

You are right Kevin, I was 100% safe and nothing happened.

2. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

Did you check the cupboard?

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

NOTHING is EVER "100% safe". nothing. ever. but it is precisely correct, that not even governments have infinite resources.

that is why not everything that is known is always fallowed up on.

but it is NEVER safe to assume, that ANYTHING is ever completely not known. not as long as it has ever been mentioned in any form communication media. phones have been evesdropped upon as long as there have been phones. and the same goes for every other kind of means of communicating other then face to face in otherwise empty and sound proof room.

4. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

hopefully this incident serves as a wake up call to the sustainability of your habits. buying opiates at a strip club . . . how much more bait can you get? strip clubs are crime magnets and also cop magnets.

5. Mad Nok

Mad Nok Member

Unless you are selling drugs of any sort, I think your in the clear. I like to believe cops don't care about small fish.

6. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

This is an old thread but someone bumped it.

You still free homie?

7. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

The Cops are like Gods when using electronic communication. Eventually they are Gods themselves; thus the tracking becomes to being just Nothing. Nothing comes from nothing; but we've got something in our viruses actions now.

8. Ashleyarson

Ashleyarson Guest

As a percent user myself and former criminal I'd say u have nothing to worry about, they have no evidence and besides they want dealers not users.

9. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

If I fear terrorism, or I fear... (just to reduce the subject to exhaustion). If I fear a plot to maintain the economy by making up constant risks of violent people threatening it? I lose my argument in a blade runners world. The argument cannot be that peace is derived from justice, but from injustice.

10. Thrashed Mirror

Thrashed Mirror Guest

You're the least in the chain. Just lay low. Can they observe you for you harming only yourself? Imagine what record the guy at the strip club must have. Maybe he's into some gang shit that you don't even know about which made them check him out in the first place. Why should they fuck with you?
    And why are you texting shit like that bro? Because now they got it black on white.

Oh shit... OLD THREAD... yeah well, everybody tells the same stories these days.

11. AceK

allowing the cops to intimidate us only gives them more power when we think that they can easily eavesdrop on ANY communication, they can on SOME in SOME WAYS and CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES, but only if you make it easy for them .. they have to have it easy ;) Unfortunately the most convenient ways to communicate do make it easy so you must go to a little extra effort to stay safe in those situations that call for the utmost safety.

^I do think i understand what you're sayin' tho Anaximenes ..

they would like us to think they have godlike powers but they themselves can't do much. the phone companies and other companies will comply and cooperate with the police, turning over records or allowing the police to evesdrop on request, since it is required by law.

if it's something seriously illegal, i don't discuss it over text, or voice conversation but a voice call is probably safer than text messaging ..

for seriously illegal shit, ICQ chat, encrypted, basically you wanna obfuscate as many aspects of the communication as possible, and make sure that any data that gets "turned over" to the police will be unusable and might as well be garbage data, the equivalent of listening to static on the radio ;)

of course even if YOU know exactly what you're doing, that doesn't mean the other party you are communicating knows what the hell they're doing, and if THEY are incompetent and leak information in any way such as leaving the chat up on their screen and letting the cops take a look you might as well have snitched on yourself....even so tho, they'd have to prove without a shadow of a doubt that the messages did in fact originate from the person they claim it did, which is exactly why using phones isn't safe cuz you gave the phone company all the information about you when you made the account.

obfuscate the hell out of it, electronic communication is secure if youre smart about it, don't leave a record of the communication after the fact either, and make sure the person you are communicating with understands what kind of things make it easy for the cops.

i suppose they could torture me until i gave up my encryption passwords, but that's illegal ;)

12. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

everytime you make a "contact" with a cop, as in, interact with them in anyway, even indirectly, even if they just see you or hear about you, they record it. they start a record on you and record every interaction, track it, record it.

13. AceK

im sure they do, but in my experience (and for the intended purpose of this discussion we can assume that these experiences are purely hypothetical) the only times i have had issues with the police i was either caught red handed, or the information regarding me they had collected on me that they based their investigation on had been possible for them to obtain because information was leaked by the parties i had communicated with.

in other words the other party(ies) involved did not practice good security when communicating with 3rd parties. you can never assume that the party you communicate with will keep information confidential, or practices good security/privacy themselves on their end of the communication. and it goes without saying, if the person you are communicating with is a police officer the best security won't do much good unless you set up the communication in such a way that the identity of the person they are communicating with actually is, and that it can only be shown that the identiy of the originator is "assumed" to be you and cannot be explicitly proven;) heresay won't make a case, but it can be the basis of ongoing investigation.

14. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

nope!
    no need to write a long ass post about this, just nope. trust me im in a city were everyone is constantly texting their hook-ups for "bud" and "white" and "molly" and ive never seen anyone get arrested except when they get pulled over and have drugs on them.

theres so much text and phone traffic they really dont care, i think they are after "big fish".

15. AceK

Shit's encrypted .. I guess if you let a cop borrow ur phone they could dump ur SIM card and clone it, pretty sure that's illegal tho.

Gee, ppl are so paranoid. Need to stop smokin that rock .. easy to manipulate paranoid people.

Always remember, knowledge is power, that's really the best advice I can give. Ignorance leads to false assumptions.

1 person likes this.
  16. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

here's the thing: you just (or whenever you did) posted this on the internet. do you really suppose no one in law enforcement ever reads the internet? really?

sure no one can keep track of everything all the time, nor have the resources to follow up on everything in detail, but still, counting on people not to do what they're paid for, this is illogical, to say the least.

18. AceK

type this into google ..:
    this thread will probably be the first hit ;)

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

as long as someone discuasses unlawful activities on line, of course they can expect to be in some data base somewhere.

the software exists these days to not have to come to the attention of an actual human person to do so.

whether anyone looks closer, depends pretty much on how much attention you attract to yourself.

not keeping a low profile is generally dumb, in any event, whatever your beliefs, biases or ideology.

20. AceK

forget about the cops, they are weak shit.

the NSA is what you should be worried about.

see: "NSA QUANTUM"