Stitch n' Bitch!

Discussion in 'Fiber Arts' started by Manservant Hecubus, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

Thought I'd open a thread for people to talk about all the fabric projects they've been working on.

Sewers, knitters, needleworkers: Show your WIPs. Ask questions and get tips.

I've been working this weekend on underwear. Learning about stretch fabrics and elastics, the panties have been going fairly well.

2. clairehobby

clairehobby Member

good ideas,good news for craft beginner and crafters,i am looking forward to your sharing

3. Manservant Hecubus

No wonder I couldn't find this puppy! It got moved. :D
    I'm sorry if someone felt it was in the wrong place. I put it in the general part so people would actually see it. Sometimes things get lost in Fashion sub-forums.

----------------

OMG OMG OMG! I got myself a dress form for $70!!
    I'm so unbelievably happy about this.
    No more excuses for my projects!!
    Though, this means I can't loose too much more of my own size or it'll be useless to me!

I think today's day off will be spent working on a large shirt reconstruction to a pin-up halter. As inspired by: http://pinterest.com/pin/192388215303292623/

Now lets see/hear about what YOU are working on!!

4. Crimson and Clover

Crimson and Clover Member

These are just a few of the things I have made recently. All my work is done by hand. I love hand embroidery.

5. Crimson and Clover

I've been wanting a dress form forever, haven't been able to find one I can afford though.

That halter dress is cute.

6. Manservant Hecubus

Those are fantastic! I'm jealous of your embroidery skills!

7. Crimson and Clover

Thank you!

8. blisskiss

blisskiss Member

I think you and I must have the same dress form! Mine was $70 as well with free shipping and I absolutely adore it. It makes my crafting life so much easier!

Right now I am working on this easy peasy baby sweater for an expecting mama I know. http://bellabambinaknits.blogspot.com/2007/04/pullover-sweater-for-babies.html

9. blisskiss

blisskiss Member

I envy your embroidery skills! Your stuff is great. :)

10. Manservant Hecubus

This is the form I got. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61ujQzctDNL._SL1500_.jpg

It's only been a few days but it's been so much fun!!

My pin-up reconstruction has gone from a halter into some nice button down straps. I'll get back to it later. Today will be finishing another WIP that needed a form: A pink corset top thingy. Just needs a zipper, some facing and a sizing adjustment, because it's a little too big.

I hope to get some pics up soon.

11. starrybee

starrybee Member

That's a lovely dress :) My granny tried to show me how to knit, when I was little .. I didn't take any notice, I really, really wish I had.. it's the same as I was saying to someones about drawing (which I can't do either), I think it would be really cool for relaxing ... not something I'm very good ... Having a Shower is a thing I do to chillout.. really, really wish I could do something arty ... er .. productive :sunny:

12. Manservant Hecubus

Not sure if this breaks the outside links rules but this is pretty fun and if you're like me, sometimes you need a deadline to get moving...

http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/29449/pin-it-to-win-it-with-bernina-and-threads-pinterest-contest

I've looked at the projects and I'm torn between doing a tie and doing a shower cap.
    The shower cap is more practical for me, since I use them often but I can't seem to find any rip-stop nylon in my fabric hoard.

Still altering my pink bustier. Got side tracked by life, these past few weeks

13. Manservant Hecubus

Oh! Friend just solved my shower cap fabric issue.
    Dollar store shower curtains.

14. Manservant Hecubus

Some days, I just get so frustrated.
    You're working on something so simple like these shower caps and if it can go wrong, it will.

Today's frustration is about having taken forever to feed an elastic through a casing and then have it snap back into the caseing, while adjusting the fit.

My tweezers can't reach the elastic. I'm gonna have to pull it out and feed it through again. Le sigh.

15. Manservant Hecubus

16. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

thats a good looking foot. for making slippers/ socks?

i have to make a baby quilt, its a lot of hassle to doo it the "right" way, so i cheat. i make a top, and use fleece for the batting and backing. its warm, soft, light and flexible. proper quilts seem too stiff for little babies.
    i also need to make sweeper covers, its not a swiffer, so i have to make the pattern up myself.
    and i have some napkin projects on my to-do list.
    and some dolls, though i need better material.
    and floor cushions, i found an awesome pinterest tutorial. that will be awesome if i ever get to it :)