Your Most Memorable Barefoot Experience is when...??

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by bfeetboy, Jan 12, 2013.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I guess barefoot hiking in California.

[​IMG]

Started down by the beach all that way up into Laguna Coast Wilderness Park.

[​IMG]

Look at that trail ! This place was awesome.

Some nice steep climbs on that sand stone kind of rock. This is steep so grip with those toes ! That was the best barefoot hiking ever I should go back there some day, so much of this kind of terrain on the southern California coast.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    GLENGLEN likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

24 May 1989 @ 1354hrs

Driftrue likes this.
  3. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

One of my more memorable experiences was way back about 20 years ago. Me and my then girlfriend spent most of a 2 week holiday in Dorset barefoot. Visited lots of different places,towns, beaches etc. Spending the day at Studland beach then riding the ferry across Poole harbour barefoot was fun. I particularly remember a day in Weymouth, both of us barefoot, our shoes left back at the campsite, spending time on the beach then going all around the town, in the shops, arcades, eating in a cafe and so on. I don't think either of us gave a thought that we may be told off or asked to leave any of the places for being barefoot, and we weren't.

Even though I'd always gone barefoot a lot before this, at home, school, around the local neighbourhood etc this was the first time I had spent a whole day in a city without shoes. It has to be said that having another person with you who's also barefoot is always good.

There have been many exciting barefoot adventures since of course, but I'll always remember that holiday as one of the best.

ijustmightdoit2 likes this.
  4. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

I would like to hike that trail. Nice n dry. My feet would get that dirt on them and the soles would get even tougher. I hiked yesterday along the river in Ohiopyle Pa. It was raining and there was mud everywhere. It was an awesome sensation on my feet but I prefer dry ground. Oh well, barefooters can’t be too choosy!

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  5. j17435

j17435 Member

I would trade the usually dry, hard-scrabble SoCal trails near me for wet, muddy trails any time!
    I love mud.

That said, one of my most memorable experiences was hiking barefoot in the Sedona area.
    The trails were pretty smooth and the red dust was fun to kick around.
    And of course the scenery was awesome.
    It would be cool to hike there in red mud after a rainstorm, but it was dry when I was there.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

after years of posting here, i'm pretty sure it's just the two of us. i never really understood the appeal of wet sticky sloppiness. unless we're talking about sex of course, but we're not.

ijustmightdoit2 likes this.
  7. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

Wet sex is awesome- dry sex would hurt- LOL! The best thing about walking barefoot through mud i then you s when it dries and flakes off. You continue walking through the dry dirt,stones and plant matter and it seems like your feet get even more tough. Then your back in the city walking those filthy streets and that adds to it.

8. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

This looks very tempting. I'd love to walk that from end-to-end (barefoot of course).

Here's what I can use during the summer months:

_Path1.jpg

_Path2.jpg

_Path3.jpg

This place is a couple of miles from my home. Inaccessible during winter, the path gets snowed in completely. But it's a great little hike from late April to early September. Except for the gnats in June, when you need a hoodie to protect your head and neck from insect bites. And you need to stay moving, or else the little fuckers will start attacking your unprotected feet as well. But there are no snakes here that I am aware of, and the soil is a perfect combination of soft dirt and dry leaves.

9. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

That trail would be a great barefoot hike. I can almost feel that ground on my soles right now.

10. highlander69

highlander69 Members

only thing I ever realy did bare footed was Martial Arts , got use to it didn t mind it..broke toes but most do when starting out and kicking wrong way

11. mynowthatsabigone

mynowthatsabigone Members

You people need to stop looking at your feet and take your pants off !!!!!!

Grand prix and highlander69 like this.
  12. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Not exactly barefoot, but I thought that I would brighten up a dull Sunday afternoon.

I always drive wearing slippers and change into my shoes when I arrive wherever I am going.
    One Monday morning I was called to an emergency meeting at a top London hotel and when I arrived, I discovered that Jane had taken my shoes out of the car when she had vacuumed the interior the previous day.

Fortunately no one was too bothered about my choice of footwear, but the hotel staff gave me a few funny looks.
    It sometimes pays to be a nutty professor. :yum::yum::yum:

Grand prix and highlander69 like this.