Your Most Memorable Barefoot Experience is when...??

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by bfeetboy, Jan 12, 2013.

1. bfeetboy

bfeetboy Guest

Hi guys..
    I just want to know what are your "best" and most memorable barefoot experience that you'd never forget. I would like to share two of them now.

The first was my first barefoot experience. I'm currently 16 years old. I've went barefooting for 1 year, and this is exactly how I started. I had an appoinment with my friends to play soccer that morning. We would play on the grassfield near my house, so we decided to meet in front of my house. I was playing an awesome game at that time in my PC (was it GTA 4? I think so). When I realized, I saw my phone and it had 5 missed calls. I called my friend and they said they were waiting for me outside my house for 10 minutes ago.

So I shut down my PC forcefully, and immediately went out of my house without any shoes or sandal. I'm barefoot. But in that hurry, I didn't realize I'm barefoot. We went to the grassfield and played soccer.

Then I realized I was barefoot! When I kicked the ball, it felt strange. I looked down my feet and there is it.. A filthy, dusty, black sole of my bare feet. I asked my friends "Did I walk barefoot here?" THey answered Yes and honestly they were a bit confused why I did that.

Then they allowed me to take my shoes from my house, but I just kept on playing. That time I realized how I really like to go barefoot. The grasses tickling my toes and soles, the mud puddle that splashed on my feet, it felt great. From that day on, I've never worn shoes or sandals - even to school.

And a few months before, the real challange came... I'm going abroad ALONE. Well I thought it would be better if I went barefoot. I didn't pack any footwear and went to the airport barefoot. Keeping the story short, finally I arrived in London.

I was barefoot and didn't bring any footwear. I walked on the streets on my dark soles. Well, people actually gave me strange looks for going barefoot, but as long as they didn't harass me or ask me, I didn't care. After all, it was an excitement to get my feet pretty dirty.

What are yours? Have you ever gone abroad carrying no shoes at all and stayed barefoot until you return home?

1 person likes this.
  2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i generally don't really think much if anything about what's on my feet. so my best barefoot experiences were great for reasons pretty much unrelated to my bare feet and i probably couldn't even tell you that i was barefoot during them. certain times getting drunk on the beach were probably up there, along with my first sex.

it's pretty much the same with memorable experiences. i remember a lot of experiences, but i don't know if i was wearing shoes or not. my most memorable experiences that were directly related to being barefoot were probably the bees i've stepped on, or the giant thorn that got lodged in my toe when i was around 8 or so.

3. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

I think in a similar way it's for me too. I've been mostly barefoot for most of my life and therefore I take it for granted, and don't really think about it. The memorable experiences for me are emotional or special, sure I was probably barefoot during those times but the experiences were not barefoot orientated. All the barefoot orientated experiences I can remember involve me cutting my foot or getting something in my sole....now I think about it I do remember the first time I came to the UK. I flew from San Francisco to London and the flight was great, but what I remember was once I arrived the temparature was so different and I was so cold that my first purchase on UK soil was a pair of woolly sox! It took a few weeks to adjust and now tbh I'm rarely put off by the weather :sunny:

Shayla x

4. goodearth

goodearth Member

Well....bfeetboy, that was a great story. I was like you....never thought about barefoot for many years and then decided to try it. The experience of new sensations was thrilling, and made me feel strong in new ways. I discovered the physical positives for muscles thruout my feet, legs and abdomin later. I like to get my feet dirty and muddy and feel the working of muscles that I never used before....it gives me a sense of vitality similar to that of participating in physically demanding sports, but it aslo makes me feel a natural working part of the creation and develops muscles for perfect posture that sports often leave in a state of atrophy when you are wearing shoes.

5. Barefoot_Longhair

Barefoot_Longhair Member

I have a friend in LA who also likes to go everywhere barefoot (and shirtless). I drove down to LA him a few months ago for a long weekend and didn't bring any shoes with me. During my stay, we were both barefoot (and shirtless) the entire time everywhere: the LA subway (where our soles got very dirty), the Hollywood walk of fame, Venice, and West Hollywood. It was great not wearing shoes the entire time and having no shoes at all.

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't really see the appeal of not bringing shoes. i'd rather be prepared for anything and just not use everything i've packed than get there and realize i've limited myself.

7. bare feet and crutches

bare feet and crutches Members

There is really only one barefoot outing which really sticks in my mind. I had gone to a real old-time junk yard. The girl at the office was making comments about how cold I must be as I was standing at the counter talking to her bare chested and on crutches. She though I might have trouble getting across the yard with my crutches and she said she would come out and show me where to go.
    When she opend the office door and came out front she noticed my bare feet (actually bare foot, the other one was in a cast)She looked a bit shocked and she said there was no way I would be able make it with a bare foot as well.
    I assured her I was really good on crutches and the sole of my bare foot was really tough and I could stand on almost anything without trouble. She shook her head, and then told me to follow her. We want outside and went right to the back of the yard, across oily concrete, through long grass (a real bitch to handle on crutches), dirt, mud and even bits of broken window glass. It was awesome! I worked up a real sweat getting around on my crutches and she seemed to enjoy watching my bare shoulders and chest getting a work-out, but she seemed to be making sure my bare foot was getting every challenge imaginable. Every time we went over another seemingly barefoot-impossible surface she would ask how my foot was.
    It was... filthy, the blackest I have ever seen it, and I consider getting my bare feet dirty a compulsory challege every day!

8. PatrickGSR94

PatrickGSR94 Member

I guess for me really it's just when I had that first "epitome" about how awesome it is to be barefoot. I was about to cut the grass on a hot day in May 2011. I was thinking, man I really don't want my feet to get all sweaty and everything, so I tried to figure out a way to get more air circulation into my old yard work shoes. Then eventually I just was like F it, I'll do it barefoot! OMG the feeling of the cut grass under my bare feet is just indescribably awesome. And from then on I decided I would stay barefoot wherever and whenever possible.

1 person likes this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I like pushing my toes into the jet streams in a spa bath.

10. kiltdude

kiltdude Member

...hiking barefoot in Big Basin Redwood State Park here in California. Here's a pic...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcrider/2960232285/in/photostream

At one point, there was a bit of water running across the trail, just enough to make it muddy for about 10' or so. Some people were standing around, trying to figure out how to get around it. I just walked through it! They just laughed, I smiled and kept on hiking... :)

--Rick

11. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

when i stepped on a syringe

12. Madesh

Madesh Member

..I travelled to the Himalayas. During the exhausting climb I had elderly barefoot Sadhus skipping past me with no apparent effects of the snow/rocks and lack of oxygen!

13. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

My Most Memorable Barefooting Experience Has Been The

Sheer Pleasure Of Being Barefoot For The Last 7 1/2 Years...:).

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  14. j17435

j17435 Member

One that comes to mind is finally finishing an 8 mile trail hike in the mountains. On several previous attempts I had to put sandals on before finishing. Unfortunately I haven't been BF hiking enough recently and probably couldn't finish that 8 miles again.

Some recent barefoot encounters with mud also come to mind (good barefoot mud is rather rare here).

15. jackier

jackier Member

I have been a nudist since I was 13 but never really understood the pleasure of being barefoot everywhere. In soft grass its OK, but I was always weird about getting them dirty. At my local nude spot by the American River, where I was hiking and just hanging out nude, I dropped a shoe in the water. Since my rendezvous spot wasn't far away, I hiked back barefoot. it was nice and I loved the soft dirt caressing my toes. I don't know if I will be barefoot eveywhere now, but I may try it out more.

16. zenloki

zenloki Member

walking through grass and fallen leaves right after a spring rain. I felt like I was walking on a sponge.

17. uniped

uniped Member

When I stepped into a nest of fire ants.

18. Ryuzaki91

Ryuzaki91 Member

I don't know exactly, but I think the most memorable experience was when I gone outside without shoes deliberately. But then again, since then it wasnt so special anymore.

19. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

i dont know about memerobale...i do things BF all the time during the warmer months(or whenever its slightly warm out)..i did everything BF when buying my home and car(walk throughs,test drives,paperwork) and in a way was surpised how easy it was but i dont know if i would actually consider that memroable.

20. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

:sunny:

This afternoon...again...when I came home from work and ripped off my shoes and socks and said..."Ahh...bare feet."

21. kaalpoter

kaalpoter Banned

I went barefoot at home a lot,but when we had to go to boarding school in the country,I went to school the first day,with my brand new shoes...and at the gate,I was met by a barefoot prefect...and was told to remove my shoes and socks from my feet.I ignored her...even though at my previous school we could go barefoot,and most kids did,about 94% of the school any way...it was the new year at the new school...and I loved my new shoes,and were used to going to school all shod...In school,I noticed only a few kids wearing shoes...mostly english kids...then when assembly came,the Headmaster greeted us all,and the first thing he said after greeting us were....and this was more or less the contents of his speech speech....
    "Morning Kids and teachers,and welcome to the new year at our proud and esteemed school...now...first things first,and of utmost importance....I notice some of the pupils are wearing shoes,in our school, we do not wear shoes...you do not wear shoes..we like uniformity...so please tomorrow,I do not want to see a single pupil wearing even a single shoe.You are,and will attend school barefoot.If you cannot attend school barefoot,I need a doctors letter,and a second medical opinion,subject to the assesment of the school clinic.If you have no medical reason to wear shoes,you shall be barefoot...with immediate effect...so to those kids that are wearing shoes,kindly remove it at once,and I wish not to see shoes ever again on your feet....I will give all of you a few minutes to adjurn,and remove your shoes,and discuss your holiday,and then come back to assembly at nine,and then I will not see a single shoe in this building...prefects,please ensure that all pupils with shoes remove it.
    Prefects!I am most dissapointed,for I see a few of my prefects(and it was only two) are wearing shoes...considder this a final warning....I expect you as prefects to lead by example,and always to be and remain barefoot.I do not appreciate you of all people,defying the school tradition....remove your shoes at once.I expect more of you.To the rest of the school..leave the assembly hall in an orderly manner,and return at nine...to those wearing shoes,please hand it in at the receptionist,and we shall keep it till you go home,then collect it...to the boarding school pupils,we shall forward your shoes by post to your parents,as we cannot take responsibility for your shoes....barefoot is the rule...dismiss.."