Post some barefoot hiking photos.

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by thehumanrunner, Dec 18, 2012.

1. thehumanrunner

thehumanrunner Member

This is one my favorite activities.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. AmyBeachGirl

AmyBeachGirl Member

Footloose

3. goodearth

goodearth Member

4. j17435

j17435 Member

Some photos from a hike I did today.

As I mentioned in another thread, I recently did a barefoot hike on a trail near an agricultural preserve. I found some narrow drainage channels just off the trail that contained thick mud from recent rains. Walking through that mud was so much fun I repeated the hike today, bringing my camera this time.

Thick, smooth mud like this is nearly impossible to find in the area I live. Most trails are fast-draining sandy hard-pack so very little mud forms even after substantial rain. And any mud that does form is usually thin and gritty/sandy. While this trail is also mostly packed sand, these narrow side channels apparently collect fine silt and dirt runoff from the preserve, forming real mud.

I encountered about a half dozen of these channels. Each time, I’d leave the dry trail to walk a few yards in the short, narrow, channel, then return to the trail to continue the hike. The mud was 4-5” deep and my feet quickly became completely coated.

The mud was so thick it stuck between my toes for most of the hike. I enjoyed the feel of the cool mud between my toes contrasting with the sun warmed hard pack beneath my soles. The mud slowly dried and fell off as I was walking, “freeing” my toes one by one. It was an interesting feeling.

I’m sure I looked strange with my mud stained jeans and caked feet, but none of the few passing mountain bikers or hikers said anything.

I’ll definitely be visiting this trail again the next time we get some rain.

Start of hike:
    [​IMG]

Trail:
    [​IMG]

Preserve:
    [​IMG]

Muddy Channel:
    [​IMG]

5. j17435

j17435 Member

Yummy Mud:
    [​IMG]

Muddy Toes:
    [​IMG]

End of Hike:
    [​IMG]

6. bfe2012

bfe2012 Barefooter

I love bare-footing but most of all barefoot hiking. Working on getting rid of my shoes forever.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

Those are some NICE feet you got there. But what gives? No pictures of the soles?

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ i feel like it would be awkward to get a sole picture. i've been told i'm very flexible, and i know i wouldn't have an easy time getting a usable picture of my soles.

incidentally, i went for a nice barefoot wander today. my feet are obviously still kind of soft from the winter; i got a pretty painful splinter that normally never would have made it through my skin. it was still a nice walk.

it never occurred to me to take pictures though. and thinking back, there were a few decent photo ops. i need to get better about that.

9. bfe2012

bfe2012 Barefooter

Thank you and dont worry!

[​IMG]

10. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

WOW! Now that's some hard work you put on those soles. Well-earned toughness. Very nice. Hope my soles get like that someday.

11. bfe2012

bfe2012 Barefooter

I know what you mean. I was carrying a bag so I could hold my cell up as it takes my this pic. Had to take a few to get it right. You should try take some photos.

12. bfe2012

bfe2012 Barefooter

Thanks! Been barefooting for a good while, trying to keep that way and staying barefoot. Im sure you can ^^.