Just saw drunk guy fall off sidewalk into the street in front of traffic.

Discussion in 'Potent Potables' started by AceK, Dec 15, 2012.

1. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

^ where's dat?

2. boyonton

boyonton Guest

when i got my only dui, i started riding a bike to the local package store. after a day of heavy drinking where ever i could find shade. i rode my bike home trying to switch my cell phone from one hand to another, when i fell off into traffic and hit my head. stunned but determined to jump up, i stumble up and fall off my bike numerous times attempting to get back on it. finally i get going again, and out of no where i just get dizzy n fall off into traffic. by this time people are yelling at me because they know im drunk. some lady threatened to call the police n followed me around my neighborhood till i finally lost her n made it home.
    i had a road rash burn on the right side of my face with gravel n sand still in it oozing with puss by now, it stopped bleeding amazingly despite all the blood thinning alcohol i consumed. one of my elbows took a huge road rash burn, and a knee, as well as some kind of puncture wood in my lower right leg, but no blood coming out.
    the reason ive shared this story is to say that i have been that guy before falling off his bike drunk in public, and wish to never do it again. i could of died or caused harm to another. getting that drunk in public is not cool like i use to think, i barely spoke to any one for days because of how shook up and angry with my behavior. my face took 6 months for any trace of the road rash to show other than a lighter skin tone.

3. boyonton

boyonton Guest

continuation from above.

from experience. i would have to say leave the drunks like i use to be alone(ive been sober for 7 months). they will get you into trouble. but if some ones life is in clear danger then its okay to stop and help the intoxicated person. head injurys that alcoholics get can be very serious though more often than not. some sort of tendency to fall head first, fast, into different in-movable objects. and they die from internal bleeding days later. so maybe a call to the police if the man is not responsive might be the right thing to do.

4. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

In big cities (San Francisco) the quickest response with no questions asked is the corner fire alarm box. You get a big red truck with para-medics, big folk with axes, and radios. There's not much they can't deal with and if they call for medical back up they get it!