Have you lost friends/people turned away from you.....

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Dude111, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Coleco

Coleco Member

Anyone who can abandon a friend over political views is taking their personal views on a matter way too far. They have become an addiction, and they need to get off of it.
    Hell theres gambler's anonymous,
    Theres support groups for people who play too many video games,
    maybe we need support groups for people whose political views are beginning to have adverse affects on their relationships with others.

2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

in reality, no.....like people I really see in real life....we just don't talk about those things or religion....either......but on the computer, I guess it is easy sometimes as it can be forgotten that there are real people sitting outside the screen you are looking at and to say things sometimes...that you wished you hadn't....as there was no where else to say these things.....but I really don't care about what people's religion or politics are....I care about whatever person is really inside....and I really don't like hearing about it all the time and having people almost wanting to force their ideas, beliefs or whatever down someone else's throat........as it can make me want to respond in an unfavorable way sometimes, so I should just stay away from those kinds of threads, is the answer.

3. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I am so middle of the road as far as agreeing with typical cons or libs that i always agree with half of what either of my friends say so that keeps it from ever getting too heated. I do have some extreme views that i just dont bother talking about because the conversations that result are quite predictable.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

love me love my dog. if i'm going to loose a friendship because of my position on something, well i'm sorry, but i really don't see that as much of a loss. more of a gain, loosing the dead weight.