Do you believe in astrology?

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by Robofish, Oct 27, 2012.

1. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

Each planet actually has a color and mantra associated with it. It is beneficial for you to wear that color and chant the mantra for the day. When you wear the color and say the mantra for the day, you are actually acknowledging the planet and its vibrations.

Monday is associated with the Moon.
    Wear white on Mondays and chant OM CHANDRAYA NAMAHA (108x for that day.)

Tuesday is associated with Mars.
    Wear red on Tuesdays and chant OM MANGALAYA NAMAHA 108x for that day.

Wednesday is associated with Mercury.
    Wear green on Wednesdays and chant OM BUDAYA NAMAHA 108x for that day.

Thursday is associated with Jupiter.
    Wear yellow or orange on Thursdays and chant OM GURUVE NAMAHA 108x for that day.

Friday is associated with Venus.
    Wear light pastel colors on Fridays; pink, soft blue, lavender, colors like that and chant OM SHUKRIYA NAMAHA 108x for that day.

Saturdays are associated with Saturn.
    Wear dark brown, dark blue, gray, or black on Saturdays and chant OM SANICHURIYA NAMAHA 108X for that day.

Sunday is associated with the Sun.
    Wear orange on Sundays and chant OM SURYAYA NAMAHA 108x for that day.

You will be amazed how much smoother your life can be when you begin to honor the planets.

2. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

3. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

yup.
    see when millions of people do it, it also manifests as a thought form in the astral matrix, giving it more power. so yes, i can harness this extra power. its quite unbelievable

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Good summary :sunny:

5. Reha

Reha Guest

Yes I try to believe but all thing said or mentioned in astrology doesn't work with me....but all good things about my friends come true I am happy for them.

6. drawinginblank

drawinginblank Member

I am not sure if I honestly believe in it but it definitely catches my interest. It is fun and I read my scopes everyday.

7. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I believe horoscopes can help us in our daily lives......... I usually try to check mine everyday!! (Either in the paper or online)

Checks yours :)

www.horoscope.com

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the sun and moon aren't planets...

also, do the planets that don't get days feel left out?

9. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

If you look for something you will find...and you will find it everywhere if you look hard enough....

There's a difference between correlation and actual causality

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yes, you know planets are highly emotionally unstable.

11. Ducati1198

Ducati1198 Banned

Astrology is about as believable and accurate as a fortune cookie.....

12. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

So much Oort Cloud hate in this thread, ugh. Real astrologers know that the Oort Cloud, which envelopes our entire solar system, is the real top dawg of the celestial crystal bowl we live inside.

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

not in a causitive sense, but as a statistical simultinaity it is still possible.

mostly its just a fun and mostly harmless bullshit thing to play with.

14. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i figure it this way; the celestial bodies influence us with gravity, light, xrays, ultraviolet rays, radiation, etc. they may influence us in ways we simply can't measure right now. that's astrology.
    and to skeptics who say, you can't group everyone into one of 12 personalities or signs, an experienced astrologer would say, you're right! you have to take into account moon sign, rising, etc.

15. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

what about the various pulsars, quasars and other mysterious events going on in the universe at any given moment, and whether the microwave emissions from galaxy cluster A happen to be in phase with the microwave emissions of cluster B ?

astrology seems like something that's not open to expansion, ie when you learn more about the universe you have to rewrite everything you thought you knew to make all the peices fit

16. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

We can measure those ways. That's astronomy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Taking those things into account still results in a system which cannot predict personality traits and which fails basic scientific tests that a 4th grader could construct. It simply doesn't work, and all the evidence points to this. If there were evidence which pointed to it working, it would have long ago been hailed as a miracle of human insight and ingenuity and become adopted into the mainstream of our knowledge, taught in schools, degrees offered in it, etc. Why is it still a subject that is found in the same section of bookstores as Crystal Healing and Ouija boards?

17. Driftwood Gypsy

you've only listed the ways we CAN detect. and people may organize books how they want, doesn't mean they're any sort of authority!

18. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

And so if we can't detect a given way, we certainly could not construct a whole elaborate system of biopsychological interactions with it, now could we? In other words if there are such things as "Z Rays", and we cannot detect them, then we certainly cannot say that therefore astrology works through Z Rays. The first reason being that astrology doesn't work, and the second reason being that we are unable to see the purported mechanism through which it does claim to work.

No, but I think the combined scientific consensus of the world is a pretty solid authority. Certainly even the local librarian or Barnes and Nobles store manager has more legitimacy than an astrologer in my eyes. And you kind of didn't answer the question . . . if they are not any sort of authority, then who is? Who will speak for astrology and show it is true? Why hasn't it happened yet?

Astrology is to astronomy what phrenology is to neurology.

Why do you dismiss this as folly

[​IMG]

but not this

[​IMG]

I suspect it is because astrology is a more elegant mythos, certainly one which imbues humans with cosmic importance, and places the heavens in some way into subordination of us, by making us their progeny. It is very unfortunate that you do not understand that science has proven with facts that we are children of the heavens and stars, just not in the way your ego would wish.

20. Driftwood Gypsy

cute! except i'm agnostic atheist.... certainly don't believe in god, at least the patriarchal man in the clouds watching our every move. but i definitely believe there's 'something' out there far bigger and more powerful than us.
    for example, our sun is TINY compared to a lot out there!